Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is probably a stupid question.. but you can fit a 502cid GM crate motor into a C4; me and my friend are curious. Also, can you do the same type of enginemodification as you would be able to in C3? Also is it better to have a fuel injected motor or carbed for a C4?

Thanks,
Matt

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
1. Yes it will fit
2. Yes you can do the same mods
3. Carb or EFI?????? That all depends as each have their own benifts.

Hood modifications may be needed depending on what intake system you go with. Headers are difficult to squeeze in there, but can be done.

It bolts right to the trans exactly as the small block does.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
As far as the C-4 goes you need to move your steering rack forward one inch, notch your crossmember, and cut and refiberglass your evaporator for your ac, or buy a ZR-1 evaporator box, and mod your hood. Other than that it is pretty much a bolt in deal. I just did tons of research on this subject I almost did this myself but decided for the money I could build a sweet small block and save hacking my car up.

·
Super Moderator
8,483 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet, thanks for all the info and help! Friend is saving for his neighbor's C4 (i changed him into a 'vette lover) and he wanted to make it fast and wanted to put a 502 GM crate motor in it and wanted me to ask for him. He does post much cuz he doesnt have a comp at his house that has good internet connection so he usually just browses and reads when hes here.

:partyon: :thumbsup:

Thanks again,
- Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts