Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know how many Fixed Roof Coupes (non Z06) were produced in the C5 era??

We saw a C5 Fixed Roof with Borla exhaust at a Dodge Dealership today. Not sure what year (they were closed; I think 00-01, maybe??)
Very clean, Seemed like a good price, my friend is looking and I told him I would get some info.
Thanks in advance...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
271 Posts
basecorvette said:
Does any one know how many Fixed Roof Coupes (non Z06) were produced in the C5 era??

We saw a C5 Fixed Roof with Borla exhaust at a Dodge Dealership today. Not sure what year (they were closed; I think 00-01, maybe??)
Very clean, Seemed like a good price, my friend is looking and I told him I would get some info.
Thanks in advance...:thumbsup:
You should be able to find out with this page...

http://www.idavette.net/facts.htm

·
Registered
4 Posts
Number of Fixed Roof Corvette

According to the final Corvette domestic production numbers for 2000 and 1999 information from http://www.idavette.net

2000 Corvette Final Production numbers do not include cars produced for export to Europe, Asia, South America, etc.

2,090 Fixed Roof or hardtop Corvette's were produced.
18,113 Coupes Targa Roof
13,479 Convertibles

1999 Corvette Final Domestic Production numbers

4,031 Fixed Roof or hardtop Corvettes
18,078 Coupes with Targa Roof
11,161 Convertibles

If you are considering to purchasing a Fixed roof coupe as a future collectible avoid the 1999 model because the total production exceeds the limited production status of 3,500 or less.

Second the value of the car will decline until at least 20 years after the original model year.

The lower the mileage, most original, numbers matching engine transmission rear end, original paint, no rust on suspension components, brake calipers, no body work, rare options like rare high performance engine -none available for 1997-2000 Corvettes, rare factory options wheels Magnesium maybe collectible, HUD in hardtop in 2000 may or may not be, rare suspension only a few 1000 or hundred offerred that particular year not? Rare color paint offfered for short period of time Nassau Blue or Artic White possible collector colors no one knows for sure, and last but not least is demand for this particular model high 20 plus years after the car was produced only time will tell on this one, the higher the value of the vehicle assuming all maintenace of the car has been kept with the vehicle, oil change reciepts listing mileage, all fluid changes brake, anti-freeze, rear end fluid, power steering fluids.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts