Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently ordered a 2007 Coupe and was wondering do you still have to put the car in reverse when you cut the car off to prevent battery drainage or has this issue been corrected? Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,165 Posts
No. I've never had a problem if I've left it in 1st - don't recall leaving it in any other position.

But I miss that feature from 20 years of driving my C4 that required reverse to get the key out. Why do I miss it? Because everytime I started it I always knew it was in Reverse without thinking about it or even looking at the shifter position. Now I'm not comfortable releasing the clutch without moving to nuetral and (usually back...) into reverse. New habit to develop.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nope. Did away with that after '05. Congrats on the order! :cheers:

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
you may leave it where ever you please, however if you park it in public try to leave it in neutral so that if you hit (god forbid!) no damage would come to the drive train

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
you may leave it where ever you please, however if you park it in public try to leave it in neutral so that if you hit (god forbid!) no damage would come to the drive train
I always park in reverse. I think I would rather risk drive train damage rather than have the car roll away and hit something. Without putting it into gear the risk of it rolling is greater than it getting hit. just my $.02 :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
10,165 Posts
I always park in reverse. I think I would rather risk drive train damage rather than have the car roll away and hit something. Without putting it into gear the risk of it rolling is greater than it getting hit. just my $.02 :cheers:

Absolutely. Driving 101. My 87 year old father was taught this when he was a kid. High School driver's ed taught me this. I've taught my son this. It's a matter of safety.:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts