Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Once again, "Hawaiian Punch"
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if I can use the same type of hard plastic tubing that is used for the oil presure gauge as an exstension line for my purge outlet? or do I have to find that hard metal type of tubing which comes in the kit but much, much longer at some kind of store or where ever I can find the stuff at?
The place where I want the purged air to escape from is far from where the actual purge cyliniod is located at, thats why this question.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Hawaiian Punch said:
Was wondering if I can use the same type of hard plastic tubing that is used for the oil presure gauge as an exstension line for my purge outlet? or do I have to find that hard metal type of tubing which comes in the kit but much, much longer at some kind of store or where ever I can find the stuff at?
The place where I want the purged air to escape from is far from where the actual purge cyliniod is located at, thats why this question.
Nitrous is under a tremendous amount of pressure. I would call Zex, the maker of your kit, and go with their tubing recommendation.... have you called them?

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Question about the purge escape lines for nitrous.

Patrick96LT4 said:
Nitrous is under a tremendous amount of pressure. I would call Zex, the maker of your kit, and go with their tubing recommendation.... have you called them?
No I havent, I'll do that tomorrow morning, good idea Pat, thanks.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Saw this on another forum...

LS1mtZ
On each side of the word "Camaro" there is a hole and I was wondering if anyone has purged through it? What kind of setup did you use? (lines, etc.) Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

horist
well... notta camaro but same basic concept

http://www.boxofwires.com/doodvision/bg2002/092002/bg092002-1-221.jpg

I just bought some copper tubing from sears hardware and several flair adapters (plus a pipe bender and pipe cutter). Then just bent the pipe to the shape needed and used a T connector (w/ends flared) to make it purge out both nostrils...

So w/a camaro you'd just run the line down from the purge solenoid following the radiator then T off behind the grill and have two L shapped lines out of that pointed out the grill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

horist
I think the lines were 5/16" OD... it was in a box all curled up.

Key is to bring the purge solenoid in and find a fitting that fits it, then just buy copper tube of that side and flare the ends of the tube

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ChiMan said:
Saw this on another forum...

LS1mtZ
On each side of the word "Camaro" there is a hole and I was wondering if anyone has purged through it? What kind of setup did you use? (lines, etc.) Thanks

horist
well... notta camaro but same basic concept

http://www.boxofwires.com/doodvision/bg2002/092002/bg092002-1-221.jpg

I just bought some copper tubing from sears hardware and several flair adapters (plus a pipe bender and pipe cutter). Then just bent the pipe to the shape needed and used a T connector (w/ends flared) to make it purge out both nostrils...

So w/a camaro you'd just run the line down from the purge solenoid following the radiator then T off behind the grill and have two L shapped lines out of that pointed out the grill

horist
I think the lines were 5/16" OD... it was in a box all curled up.

Key is to bring the purge solenoid in and find a fitting that fits it, then just buy copper tube of that side and flare the ends of the tube
Too tell you the truth, I made my own, I had a solenoid already, so I just went out and bought all the little fittings to finish off my home made purge!
I did one side already and going to work on the other side tommorrow some time, I'm not going to give off the location on where the exiting spot will be, but I think that all you guy's will like where I choose to locate the exiting area for the purge, I dont think that anybody (as far as I've seen anyway) has chosen this particular spot to purge out off, I cant wait to finish and show all of you when the project pau!! (done).
I will have pictures when it is.

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
That's exactly what I was thinking...purge out of the gills would be wicked :D

·
Registered
3,027 Posts

:smokin: :partyon:

I was thinking the gills too. How about purging inside the car, it is laughing gas, right? :rolling:

When I was planning my purge route, I was going to have it purge out of the back side of the front wheel well, through the seal between the body and hood.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
90EXPVette said:
That's exactly what I was thinking...purge out of the gills would be wicked :D
Ha!!! thats excatly where I installed it at!!!!!!
The "gills" of each side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We must be on the same page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
0 Posts
Purging nos is soooo cool......the biggest reason I want a nos setup is so I can waste the nos purging!:D I love the picture of the Trans Am purging above!:smokin:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
this is one area eric and i have always been on the same page....it is the COOLEST thing when a nitrous car purges.

i'd be a junky purging it, let alone using it. every light i'd see a ricer, i'd give him a taste of some nos purge hehehe.

good luck with it hawaiin.....:D

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Re: Question about the purge escape lines for nitrous.

Patrick96LT4 said:
Pat, I loaded up some pictures of my purge in the "gallery" for all to look at, I still dont have any nitrous in the bottle so I cant take any of the purge actully purging just yet, but soon.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts