Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
question about the attena

ok i got my sound system in the vette complete except i cant figure out were and how to hook up the attana any trick to this because the factory radio dont have a normal plug for the attena

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
I used the wiring harness adaptor to install mine so I didn't have to deal with different wires out side of hokking up the adapotr then plug and play. Does your new radio have a power antenna option? If not you will have to wire the it to a keyed power source if it does then you can isolate the power source and it should work when you turn the radio on but not when you have the cd palyer going. (at least that is how mine is set up) Finding the wire for the power antenna shouldn't be too hard. Good luck.

·
Registered
382 Posts
You have to get an antenna adapter. GM uses a small antenna end. Aftermarket stereos use the large ends. It is usually 12" long with the GM female on one end and the large male end at the other end. Circuit City's to Walmarts carry them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually thats the problem there is no attena plug it the corvettes only from 92 - 96 i know it sounfds weird but ifd you own a 92 - 96 corvette anfd you pull out your radio you will notice that there is no attena but there are two wire harneses i had a 87 vette and had no problem just seeing if any one installefd a after market radio into a 92 - 96 vette thanks for the input though

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya you sure do learn something new every day it just sucks when you learn about something when your just about done :huh:

·
Registered
382 Posts
That year has a control head that is seperate from the receiver itself. Some where there is another box under the dash that has an antenna coax going into it. Hast to be an antenna coax somewhere.

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
LT1 C4 VETTE said:
ya you sure do learn something new every day it just sucks when you learn about something when your just about done :huh:
That's how it's always been for me.:laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok its done heres the scoop if your going to install an after market radio in a 93 - 96 corvette , there is a main amp mounted under the passenger side storage bin that is also were you will have to run your wire loom from but thats were the attena plugs in also so i just got a attena extension and its done i put the pioneer indash tv / radio with 4 12inch alpine type r subs with the R/F punch 1000 amp i'll post some pics tomarrow it looks sweet

thanks for everyone help :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it turnefd out sweet i tokk it back out so i can wrap the box in black leather to match the vette ill post pics once finishefd

1 - 12 of 12 Posts