Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can you look at to tell if a vette has the Z51 package? I just bought another C6 and was told it had the package, I did not want the package but bought the car anyway. I dont think it has it because the brakes are not squeaking. thanks for any help

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
What can you look at to tell if a vette has the Z51 package? I just bought another C6 and was told it had the package, I did not want the package but bought the car anyway. I dont think it has it because the brakes are not squeaking. thanks for any help
If the car is stock and has drilled rotors, that's the easy way to tell if it has the Z51 package, from a visual standpoint at least. As for squeaking brakes, they all do it, just give it a few days of driving and dust build up.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Go Online and register your car with MYGM and it will list the options of the original sale. Otherwise look for the integrated oil coolor in the radiator. Drilled rotors are available on non Z-51 C6s now.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
If you look at the decal badge in the glovebox, it should say "Z51" on it for equipped cars if I am not mistaken. Someone confirm please.

Drilled rotors are available on non Z-51 C6s now.
Isn't this on euro-spec cars only?

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
If you look at the decal badge in the glovebox, it should say "Z51" on it for equipped cars if I am not mistaken. Someone confirm please.

Isn't this on euro-spec cars only?
As of 07 the drilled rotors are available on non-Z51 Vettes:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Z51 is one of the codes on the decal badge in my glove box. :thumbsup: It is on the bottom line third or fourth code from the left.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Z's

I sell them and the drilled rotors on non Z51's is a correct statement. That Condi guy will agreee w/ me. You can have them on a Mag. Ride car, and NO :rolling: it has nothing to do with euro spec., nothing at all...

·
Registered
759 Posts
dude my C6 Z-51 brakes have never squeeked once.
if you knew what the package was you would want it.
:crazy: enjoy the car

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I don't know why you wouldn't want the Z51 package?

You accidentally made the right choice!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Z51 should be standard on all Corvette's, a nice little option.

·
Registered
8 Posts
PERFORMANCE PACKAGE Performance Package, performance-oriented package for the Gymkhana/Autocross enthusiast; includes extra cooling, stiffer springs and stabilizer bars, specific shock absorbers, larger brakes with cross-drilled rotors, specific tires and Z51-specific 6-speed manual when ordered with 6-speed manual transmission (Z51) $1,695.00

·
Super Moderator
10,113 Posts
I've had my 07 Z51 for almost 9 months and have not yet heard a brake squeek as of yet. I love to throw it around a corner and am amazed at the "soft" ride for a performance suspension.

C&D says, "The Z51 package, which will cost about $1500 [out of date price], includes a stiffer suspension, tires that offer better dry-road grip, larger brakes, a six-speed manual with shorter ratios, and a transmission-oil cooler." I think they missed one or two more cooler (Power steering and engine oil?).

I have a great deal of respect for all three suspensions; the base is an outstanding starting point that all but a few other cars would aspire to. The F55 is the future of all suspensions IMO. Today it can not match the instant needs met by the Z-51, but it is an outstanding option. Ferrari is now using their version of the Magnetic Ride technology and more sports cars will follow.

So, yeah, the only way to tell which suspension your '07 has, is to check your sticker on the inside of your gove box - might need a flashlight if its in the garage - and don't be disappointed if you find Z-51 or F55 or neither. Each brings it's own benefit. :thumbsup:

BTW, Congratulations on your new ride!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I've had my 07 Z51 for almost 9 months and have not yet heard a brake squeek as of yet. I love to throw it around a corner and am amazed at the "soft" ride for a performance suspension.

C&D says, "The Z51 package, which will cost about $1500 [out of date price], includes a stiffer suspension, tires that offer better dry-road grip, larger brakes, a six-speed manual with shorter ratios, and a transmission-oil cooler." I think they missed one or two more cooler (Power steering and engine oil?).

I have a great deal of respect for all three suspensions; the base is an outstanding starting point that all but a few other cars would aspire to. The F55 is the future of all suspensions IMO. Today it can not match the instant needs met by the Z-51, but it is an outstanding option. Ferrari is now using their version of the Magnetic Ride technology and more sports cars will follow.

So, yeah, the only way to tell which suspension your '07 has, is to check your sticker on the inside of your gove box - might need a flashlight if its in the garage - and don't be disappointed if you find Z-51 or F55 or neither. Each brings it's own benefit. :thumbsup:

BTW, Congratulations on your new ride!
hey vaughn,

can you run through your engine temps on the DIC next time you take your z51 out and let me know what you run? I think my car may be running a little hot.

Coolant runs @ 190-200F
Oil runs @ 230-250
Trans @ 230ish too.

anyone else let meknow too please.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
hey vaughn,

can you run through your engine temps on the DIC next time you take your z51 out and let me know what you run? I think my car may be running a little hot.

Coolant runs @ 190-200F
Oil runs @ 230-250
Trans @ 230ish too.

I took mine out last night, so it was about 65 air temp

Coolant was 192
Oil 210
Never noticed trans temp before. Is this only on the A6? Perhaps I just haven't payed any attention to it. Car only has 1500 miles on the clock.

Keep in mind I didn't do any highway driving and only a couple quick 0-75mph romps.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I took mine out last night, so it was about 65 air temp

Coolant was 192
Oil 210
Never noticed trans temp before. Is this only on the A6? Perhaps I just haven't payed any attention to it. Car only has 1500 miles on the clock.

Keep in mind I didn't do any highway driving and only a couple quick 0-75mph romps.
thanks dude. seems my oil is running a little hot. i'll have to ask my mech about it.
i have an a6 but I can't confirm if it's exclusively on the a6 because i haven't played with a manual cars computer.

do you shift into higher gears like 5/6?
at 45 mph i'm usually in 2nd or maybe 3rd, burns gas but i like the power availability w/out downshifting. could be a reason why my oil runs a bit hotter.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
thanks dude. seems my oil is running a little hot. i'll have to ask my mech about it.
i have an a6 but I can't confirm if it's exclusively on the a6 because i haven't played with a manual cars computer.

do you shift into higher gears like 5/6?
at 45 mph i'm usually in 2nd or maybe 3rd, burns gas but i like the power availability w/out downshifting. could be a reason why my oil runs a bit hotter.
At 45 mph I would typically be in 4th or 5th. If I need the power band I'll down shift. Of course I have slightly lower gearing than the A6. I don't think an oil temp of 230 is excessive.

·
Super Moderator
10,113 Posts
hey vaughn,

Coolant runs @ 190-200F
Oil runs @ 230-250
Trans @ 230ish too.

Will do V, but as you know the temp has been in the mid to high 90's with no moisture outside here in So Cal. I think the coolant temp you're showing is reasonable, or could be even higher in traffic with the A/C on. Have you installed a 160 degree thermostat and reprogrammed or all stock?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Will do V, but as you know the temp has been in the mid to high 90's with no moisture outside here in So Cal. I think the coolant temp you're showing is reasonable, or could be even higher in traffic with the A/C on. Have you installed a 160 degree thermostat and reprogrammed or all stock?
the coolant temps i think are ok. i am just a bit paranoid because for a little bit my coolant temps were running in the 230-240. turned out that my car needed a new water pump! (replaced under warranty now)

I have not installed the thermostat, but i do have diablo tune.
I'm just worried a little about my oil temps now.

I find it a little surprising that this car is running higher temps than the 997 turbo.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts