Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Since I am not into sun worship, I don't run or let the car sit with the top down that often. It is too hot in Texas (for me at least) to do a lot of driving with the top down. Most of my top down is late in the afternoon and evening. Didn't answer your question did I? I end of putting the top up and down a lot. I can have it down in less than a minute and back up in about the same. I just wouldn't feel comfortable having the interior exposed to the sun for any length of time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
WIT911 said:
Now that we are getting into the heat of the summer, what do you convertible owners do to keep your interior protected & "cool" when it's exposed to the sun? :huh:
Car cover and Tonneau cover. Car cover when at the office all day and Tonneau cover when leaving it parked at a mall or store while shopping.

I live in AZ and I never drive with the top up. Even in the heat of the day, a Corvette cap and AC keep me comfortable. If it rains - the car stays in the garage.

·
Registered
388 Posts
ISN'T IT MUCH EASIER TO JUST PUT THE TOP UP INSTEAD OF GETTING ANOTHER COVER? IT ONLY TAKES ABOUT 30 SECONDS GUYS!:WTF
and it isn't good for the cover to leave it down all the time. you'll end up with cracks or lines that won't come out when you do put it up.

·
Registered
388 Posts
did you try to adjust the window travel. maybe that would help?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
woodyz vette said:
My problem is with leaking. On both sides at the A pillar by the window damned thing leaks like a bastard now in the rain..
Always have to put a cover on it when raining...Ugh
Yep....my 98 vert leaks, they all leak, I've spend a ton of dough on weatherstrips top adjustments, new top, etc. It still leaks. I only found one way around a leaky C5....................................it's listed below................the cost 61,110.00 but it's tight as drum! :D :D :D

·
Banned
540 Posts
I got the neoprene seat covers from Mid America to keep my seats from fading. In summer, my top is hardly up!!! The top is wrinkled!!!!:lookinup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
njvettetom1 said:
ISN'T IT MUCH EASIER TO JUST PUT THE TOP UP INSTEAD OF GETTING ANOTHER COVER? IT ONLY TAKES ABOUT 30 SECONDS GUYS!:WTF
and it isn't good for the cover to leave it down all the time. you'll end up with cracks or lines that won't come out when you do put it up.
Maybe, but a cover keeps the interior much cooler and the top is kept out of the UV. My top is like new and doesn't leak a drop when its needed in an emergency or when traveling to places less sunny.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts