Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you drive your C6 to work, and pick up groceries...etc.
what precautions do you take?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Precautions??? I usually put my jacket and shoes on, make sure I've got gas, head for the drive through at Starbucks and then head out...GKB

·
SinisterC6's Daddy
1,026 Posts
Keep a safe distance from drivers that don't seem to be paying much attention to driving, i.e. talking on cell phones, women putting on make-up... Once on the way home from work I noticed a lady in the next lane driving and reading a book she was holding up to her steering wheel... Then there was the guy who had to look @ his news paper @ every stop light, and when the light turned green wouldn't move until someone blew their horn at him! Also be careful where you park; when ever possible park in the first/ last possible space and move over enough to give the next guy extra room. Some people don't think twice about flinging their door open when getting out of their cars. Just because you are careful and take good care of your car doesn't mean the guy parked next to you feels the same way about his. Some people think its just a car.

·
Registered
623 Posts
If you drive your C6 to work, and pick up groceries...etc.
what precautions do you take?:thumbsup:
I have been a Corvette daily driver since 1990. You just have to accept the fact that if you are a daily driver, the car is going to get a ding every now and then and some paints chips knocked off of the nose. That's just the way it is. But they are meant to be driven, so drive it and have fun.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have been a Corvette daily driver since 1990. You just have to accept the fact that if you are a daily driver, the car is going to get a ding every now and then and some paints chips knocked off of the nose. That's just the way it is. But they are meant to be driven, so drive it and have fun.
Dead nuts on!!!
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
:agree: :agree:

just park away from everyone and hope for the best :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Everytime I ark "far away", the car seems to attract every POS in the county to park waaayyy to close beside and around it. I think they enjoy freaking me the hell out.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
one nice thing Fiberglass don't dent...:D

·
Registered
691 Posts

:agree: :whip: :whip: :whip:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Well, it's pretty much been covered, but I park in the end spot next the the curb. I think there have only been 2 or 3 times the car hasn't been parked in a position like that other than the couple weeks where I had an assigned parking spot at my apartment that I felt was safe enough. I have my number 2 setting set to move the mirrors down so I can see curbs backing up.

·
SinisterC6's Daddy
1,026 Posts
one nice thing Fiberglass don't dent...:D
One of the most overlooked pluses to having these cars! A shopping cart on a windy day rolled into mine, just as I turned my back and walked twenty feet away.
I almost sh&t myself! Only had the car for 3 months. To my surprise no dents(of course) and no damage to the paint...! Then I looked around and saw other carts rolling around. People too lazy to put them in the cart corrals. This happened to a BMW I once owned, $300 worth of damage! The store of course gave me the run around. I paid out of my pocket to get it fixed. I was so upset I got back in my car and left the lot... I think something was telling me to shop another day. LOL ;~)

·
Registered
754 Posts
One of the most overlooked pluses to having these cars! A shopping cart on a windy day rolled into mine, just as I turned my back and walked twenty feet away.
So, how far did the cart go when you kicked it? :laughing: :laughing: I know the feeling, and you are right, these cars are tough...

head for the drive through at Starbucks
Here is a tip, if you have the Z51 or Z06 and expect to drive with a full cup of coffee without wearing it, or spilling it you are in for a messy hot suprise. I stop for a cup of coffee everyday and I always order a "grande" in a "vente" cup. If I need more, its a tall in a grande cup... This will keep you and your vette from wearing your coffee :thumbsup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Amen :thumbsup:
I drive 150+ miles a day, so I see a lot of crazy sh!t...
Just remember to take the long way home as often as possible and enjoy those corners :cheers:

·
Registered
202 Posts
The corvette is a great daily driver.

I just tend to park further away so I don't have to deal with people parking near me.

Works just fine and the benefit is the last 40 steps to the car tends to be enjoyable as I am viewing the car as I approach.

The cars got a ton of room inside as well as the trunk for groceries etc..

Best daily driver out there with some style and a ton of performance.

JB

1 - 18 of 18 Posts