Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I switched to the RP Synchromax a few days ago and to be honest I cant tell any difference in the 6 speed. I heard some of you say that after you made the switch it felt like a hot knife going thru butter, but i'm not getting that :huh: . So my question is How long did it take for you guys to get that feel and did you have to do more than one fluid change to get those results?

Thanks

Cliff

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am with you. I really couldn't feel any difference either. I also changed the rear to MaxGear.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I have used all the good synthetics. Synchromax and Motul result in smoother shift when hot in my opinion. Mobil is good but I sensed I had less "hard to get it into first when stopped" events with Synchromax and Motul.

:cheers:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've noticed my MZ6 shifting a touch harder now that I've rolled over 3k mi... or it could be my imagination. I'm sure I'm holding gears longer now that I've got long tubes and Corsa Sport to listen to. Anyway, I've always thought it shifted awesome/smooth until a few weeks ago... Now I'm tempted to try RP and am enjoying this thread.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well 6 mo. ago I changed my diff fluid after another dyno session because I noticed it getting a little noisy, So I put in some Mobil 1 and a bottle of limited slip fluid. I could tell after driving it about 2 miles that the noise had went away and has yet to come back so maybe thats why I was expecting something so quick with the trans fluid change as far as the smoothness with the shifts. I was just wondering if people had to do more than one change to get that desired effect.

Cliff

·
Registered
10 Posts
I noticed an improvement in shifting w/ synchromax, wasn't huge but noticeable to me, I also switched the diff w/ R.P. and eliminated the chatter.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
First, I hate the damn Tremec piece of junk - - let's get that up front.

Because I have a Z51 with the trannie cooler I changed my trannie fluid twice using Synchromax both times. In my case the car went from a pure 'rock box' to something tolerable: markedly better. At least it doesn't seem to 'grab' going into gear as it did **and yes the clutch release is perfect**. Also, the hotter it gets the better it shifts.

However, that said, it will never shift like a ZF did - - too bad too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts