Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you put your top on when you are alone? Is it difficult? I hear many stories about people putting there top on alone and drop it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Before I had my car painted I dropped the targa on my rear quarter & chipped the paint!:surprised :( I am very carefull since then.....I always put the top on by myself. :lookinup: p.s the time I dropped the top on the car I was slightly intoxicated!:cheers:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
When I had my 98 coupe/targa, I always took it off and reinstalled by myself. The biggest problem I had was getting the 2 pins at the rear of the roof into the recepticle holes on the body and then only if the windows were up. Windows down no prob.

Release the 3 latches, from the drivers side I'd lift up the front of the top slightly to allow my left hand underneath, lift up with left then slide my right hand to the rear and lift out.

The rear glass needs t be up to make it a smooth lift pivot walk a few steps, pivot and place into the rear.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
i hear the C5 top is pretty awkward.i have never taken mine off,iv'e owned the car for almost two year's now.i think the C4 look's killer with the top off,and i think the C5 look's weird with the top off.but that's just me..:laughing: damn the thing is going to have to come off so i can put some weather striping conditioner on them...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I have never had help taking the top off my 84. Its not that heavy and not really that awkward. having the windows down and the hatch open makes it easy to lift off and stow away.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I always take the top off myself. One time I had a pretty nasty cut on my had and did drop in into the car and broke it. I have a new top now.:D

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I hardly ever take mine off, but when I do I do it by myself without any problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts