Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just ordering some last bits and pieces, and after reading the interior heat stories, I went looking for a hot water shutoff valve for a '74. All the suppliers do not list it and it's not mentioned in the assembly manual. The suppliers do have them for 1969-1970 and 1975-1979.
Where all AC'd vettes without a shutoff valve between 1971 and 1974?
Could people of the 74's have a quick look under the hood near the blower housing and see if they have a vac controlled valve please? (the vac diagram in the assy manual does not show a vac supply hose to a shutoff valve)
The reason for asking : I dont want to bother with a manual ball valve ..

Thanks.
Nick

·
Registered
658 Posts
There is not a stock one I cut the hose and installed one its manual not vac.

·
Registered
103 Posts
As far as I know my AC'd 74 did not come with a shutoff valve from the factory. The heater hoses were original and there was no vacuum hose running to where a valve would normally be located. I installed a manual shutoff and it made a big improvement as far as cabin heat.

·
DC Crew
12,249 Posts
Hello,

Just ordering some last bits and pieces, and after reading the interior heat stories, I went looking for a hot water shutoff valve for a '74. All the suppliers do not list it and it's not mentioned in the assembly manual. The suppliers do have them for 1969-1970 and 1975-1979.
Where all AC'd vettes without a shutoff valve between 1971 and 1974?
Could people of the 74's have a quick look under the hood near the blower housing and see if they have a vac controlled valve please? (the vac diagram in the assy manual does not show a vac supply hose to a shutoff valve)
The reason for asking : I dont want to bother with a manual ball valve ..

Thanks.
Nick
Just looked at the vert. It is factory stock. No valve. hoses go directly to the core. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
My otherwise stock '72 vert had NO cutoff valve when I got it...

it does now....vacuum operated by switch on console....

:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts