Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! I've just recently bought a C5 convertible. Amazing car! However, the climate control doesn't seem to respond at all to changes in mode. When the arrow is pointing at the passengers, air flows from all vents. When the arrow points to the passengers feet, air flows from all vents. When the icon on the display indicates defroster, air flows from all vents. Anyone know what the fix is?
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...

Thanks for your replies, before your responses I didn't know how to review the system diagnostics so I appreciate your help. I pulled the codes and didn't get any errors for HVAC. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
hard to believe no codes but you may have to go to someone who has a tech 2 scanner ,it can command the actuators and monitor their workings.if ya put the defrosters on does air come out the defroster duct

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I hit defrost, I still get air coming out of all the ducts; the defrost ducts, the front vents and the floor vents. Same for if I indicate floor vents, air comes out of all vents including the defrost. It's just as if the device that directs air flow isn't plugged in making the climate control display irrelevant. The A/C temperature works fine and it's ice cold. I live in Arizona so when it is 110 out it would be nice to blast ice cold air where I want it to go and cool the most important ducts first. I appreciate your follow up, any other ideas for what it may be before I take it to a real tech? (I may post asking for good Corvette techs in Arizona. I don't want to take it to a Chevy dealer, I'd rather take it to someone who's into Corvettes and will bill me honestly.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts