Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Question on Cutouts 08 z06

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  C5 Shep 
#1 ·
Hey guys !

so I really want a Corsa Catback for my z06 but im not trying to spend 1600 bucks right now.

I saw these :

http://marylandspeed.com/dmh-low-profile-electric-cutouts-pair-dmhlpecut-p-1313.html

there electric cut outs... any where after the header it says you can cut in.

now heres my 2 questions...

1) will this rob me of any power (stock ls7)

2) will this be effetive in giving me a loud agressive sound (kind of an obvious answer)

hope you guys can help me out ... thank you !

#2 ·
I might be showing my lack of C6 knowledge but this concerns me..

C6 Corvette Owners: These fit all manual and 4 speed auto C6's fine. They are a tight fit however on 6 speed automatic Corvettes and will require a talented exhaust shop.

Did any c6 Vettes even come with 4 speed auto?? Not sure they did any real testing....

#3 ·
All 05 auto Vettes were a 4 spd. Starting in 06 the car switched to a 6spd auto.

Helpful trivia:

In 05 the gear selector had a button on the top you would press with your thump to take the vehicle out of park. When the 6spd came out they redesigned the shifter to incorporate this switch in the front side and it is engaged with your index and middle finger. I'll see if I can find some pics. To me it's always the easiest way to differentiate an 05 from all the other years at a quick glance. Well, that and the steering wheel.

#4 · (Edited)

2005 Automatic. Note the 4 spoke wheel and the button on top of the gear selector.

2008 here. 3 spoke wheel and hidden selector button.

Sorry to hijack the thread. I don't think this mod would rob you of any horsepower, if so I'm not sure it would be noticeable. One thing I would look into is exhaust leaks. I've heard of exhaust leaks developing over time on some system so it's just something to think about.

#6 ·
I understand where you're coming from. I fought with the idea of buying Corsa for my truck for about a year. Funny thing is, my older sister trying to give me a talk about financial responsibility and how I needed to "poop or get off the pot" in the relationship I was in at the time is what pushed me over the edge to buy the system.:laughing: She said I either needed to save my money for an engagement ring and propose or end the relationship. I love my Corsa exhaust.:laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.