Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at getting 1:85 SLP rockers on my 07 C6.

I have conflicting info on whether or not the springs need to be replaced

Wiil the stock springs be strong enough. are the ls2 spings the same as the 01-04 ls6?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
i would call slp.2 more things,ya cant check seat psi. unless ya pull the heads and ya need a tune after the rocker job

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've got the SLP 1.85 rockers and used their springs. They recommend chaning them though from what I see from their graph, the stock springs can handle the lift. Now, with that said, one of their springs failed with only a thousand miles on it. I as lucky not to drop a valve. I got some push back by the salesman at SLP when I informed them that it failed.........he claimed over and over their springs don't fail, never have. Well, I argued, not entirely true being I have one (still have it) that failed. All I wanted was a new spring ($23 bucks or so) or at least free shipping. I eventually got store credit worth one spring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea. they said you have to change them, so I got them on order, but it seemed to me the stock springs would be ok... Now I am worrying about swapping them when they come in....

Still have to tune as well.

Thanks all and thanks for the feedback on these.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I am not positive on this but I think the factory 1.8 Z06 rockers will work as well. Pretty sure a tech I know did this swap on a LS2 a while back. I don't think he changed springs and all was well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well.. SLP messed up and did not send the 918's to me.. no problem as the more I read about issues with them, the more I was NOT going to put them on... I'm going with the stock springs and run some numbers. We shall see.

Thanks for the feedback guys!!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I have heard good things about the Comp 921s. That is what I got going into my Cammed 02 Z. I've read a few threads about the 918s not holding up well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts