Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys i need your expertise my 95 voyager water pump just started leaking has anybody ever tried Stop leak for radiators and do you think it will help my mechanic said its a 500$ job since he will have to replace the timing belt also will this help leak at least slow down on my water pump truly appreciated

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
Ok guys i need your expertise my 95 voyager water pump just started leaking has anybody ever tried Stop leak for radiators and do you think it will help my mechanic said its a 500$ job since he will have to replace the timing belt also will this help leak at least slow down on my water pump truly appreciated
Put the Stop Leak in and sell it...then run...:devil:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Stop leak won't do a thing for you on a water pump. Bite the bullet and replace it.

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its a station car dont look pretty but it gets me from here to there you get my point dont want to spend sick money for this van

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why doesnt the antifreeze circulate through the water pump maybe its a small leak and the sealent may seal it maybe fingers crossed

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know i keep going on about this but will it at least slow it down a little

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
It's only a water pump. Not an engine rebuild. Replace it.

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its not the pump its the damn labor 85$ an hour he said it should take 6 hours

·
Super Moderator
8,548 Posts
your mechanics correct its a 4-7 hour job but my question, WHY don,t YOU replace it, its not all that technical just time consuming due to lousy access
you could do nthe work over a weekend and save 70% of the expence.
BTW forget the stop leak, its worthless on a leaking water pump bearing

stop leak on a water pump is about as effective as superglue used to keep the #1 button on your phones touch tone dial locked in place to prevent long distance access......sounds like a valid idea for about 1 second ...untill the brain cells kicks into gear and the obvious flaws in the plans are seen:rolling:

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks grumpyvette its taking money out of the vette fund though and i agree hey you cant say i didnt try

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to let everybody know i made it home yesterday on a wing and a prayer filled up radiator and took it real fast istead of going slow checked this morning added half a gallon of antifreeze i did put in the stop leak and guess what the leak slowed down to a drip keeping fingers crossed i want 1 more year out of the van so to say at the end thanks for hopefully wishing me luck on my home journey yesterday thanks again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts