Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on dropping the body back onto the frame, and i as just wondering if anyone had or could write up a list of tings to check before the body is dropped on. When i boght the car, it was already seperated from the frame, so im not surewhat needs to be put on before and after the body is put on. If anyone could help me create a list, or even just give tips, that would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
If you havent already replaced your T/A bushings it would be so much easier with out the body.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
If you havent already replaced your T/A bushings it would be so much easier with out the body.
:agree:

At the bare minimum purchase the stainless steel bolt and shim kit and intall before putting body on. It will save you alot of grief down the road when alignment is needed

·
Registered
676 Posts
:agree:

At the bare minimum purchase the stainless steel bolt and shim kit and intall before putting body on. It will save you alot of grief down the road when alignment is needed
:agree: Doing that now with the body off is so much easier than trying to replace a rusty old steel nut, bolt, and shims later on. Trust me, I spent days trying to get mine off. That one item has been the most frustrating thing I've done on the car.

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
If you do replace the T/A pivot bolt, just be sure that you install it from the inside pointing out. If you put the bolt in so it points to the middle of the car you won't be able to remove it with the body on. ;)

Do you have a few body shims to make sure the body is resting on all 8 mounts?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when i bought the car, the body had already been removed from the chassis. i have done a complete restoration of both the front and rear suspensions, so i have already replaced the T/A bushings. i will purchase a body shim kit and i also need to prchase all new body mounts. i just wanted to ask you guys for tips or suggestions of things that need to be done before and during dropping the body on.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I would make sure all gas and break lines are good and properly in place, while they are easy to get to. And any other suspention and drive train work you are going to do.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I put on a set of stainless brake lines and new junction blocks whlle the body was off. Much easier to do it when you can walk around inside the frame.

:cheers:

Rick B.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts