Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that pulling #10 fuse will disable the 1st to 4th skip-shift and nothing else!!!

If this is true It would be killer!
just remove the #10 10 amp fuse labeled MAN TRAN SOL

has anyone tried it here yet?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update (pasted post)Pulling the #10 fuse does remove power from the skip shift solenoid. But it will also cause DTC P0713 to be set. The MIL will not illuminate, but the code will be stored in memory and will show up on a scan. This code will show up as a trouble code during an emissions check, and cause the car to fail. (The code can be cleared by reinstalling the fuse and starting the car 40 times, yes 40 times, or it can be cleared immediately with a diagnostic tool.)

So basically, the only advantage of the CAGs eliminator plugs is that they won't cause a P0713 code, so you won't need to clear the code in order to pass an emissions check.

Or buy an Innova OBD11 scanner. $70 at Walmart. You can erase the code in 10 seconds

I don't think I'm going to try this one, too many unforseens

·
Registered
108 Posts
So your sure nothing else is disabled ? I have an Innova already so clearing it would be a snap, as far as emmisions i have 4 years to worry about that, so this may be one of those free mods for me:laughing:
Im going to try and see that nothing else is affected, thanks for the post.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I said at the end I was not going to try it.

there is like a 10 page post on that other, not as cool, lame really Vette forum :D

didn't read them all, but I think there were mixed reports on it, but it was initially
brought up to a Vette owner by his GM mechanic so :huh: who knows

·
Registered
347 Posts
You can get a CAGS eliminator off the ebays for 20 bucks

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honestly, I don't really feel the need for one myself.

I just saw the post, and knew if it didn't turn out to be "too good to be true"

some people here would be interested.

Personally, on the occasion that it kicks in on me, I just throw it up to 3rd and

don't get the lugging you might get in 4th.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I just spent the 20 bucks to purchase it from southern car parts. Took all of 5 minutes to pop it in. Haven't thought about it since. Best 20 bucks I've spent.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've heard that if you were planning on a tune, not to install the CAGS eliminator. The tune itself allow the elimination of the CAGS or 1-4 skip. I plan to have a tune done in the near future. At that time I plan to tune this option out.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
565 Posts
I've heard that if you were planning on a tune, not to install the CAGS eliminator. The tune itself allow the elimination of the CAGS or 1-4 skip. I plan to have a tune done in the near future. At that time I plan to tune this option out.:thumbsup:
You're correct. Eliminated with my Predator tune and I think Superchips will too. There was some concern that the reverse lockout may be disabled by pulling that fuse on the other forum. Don't remember the discussion, but I didn't care because knew the diablo hand held would kill CAGS anyway. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts