Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ron Fellows in an incredible shoe. At my first SCCA Trans Am race in Reno 96, he came up behind me in a qualifying session. We were approaching the front straight in a 90mph sweeping corner.
I thought that I would stay inside and try to stay close to the rail in case he would try to pass. There was no way I was going to go outside in the marbles.... Not only did he go for the pass immediately, but when he was beside me I could hear him working the throttal, rap rap raaaap raap, banging gears, and trying to get a bite in those marbles. He was sideways half of the time, and still working that throttal. I could read the names on the side of his car, and he never let up !!! He got pointed the right direction and shot by.
That dude can drive.

:partyon:

·
Premium Member
53,226 Posts
racecar said:
Ron Fellows in an incredible shoe. At my first SCCA Trans Am race in Reno 96, he came up behind me in a qualifying session. We were approaching the front straight in a 90mph sweeping corner.
I thought that I would stay inside and try to stay close to the rail in case he would try to pass. There was no way I was going to go outside in the marbles.... Not only did he go for the pass immediately, but when he was beside me I could hear him working the throttal, rap rap raaaap raap, banging gears, and trying to get a bite in those marbles. He was sideways half of the time, and still working that throttal. I could read the names on the side of his car, and he never let up !!! He got pointed the right direction and shot by.
That dude can drive.

COOL!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
racecar said:
That dude can drive.

That it COOL!!! :partyon:

·
Registered
101 Posts
He is a class guy, and he is a great representative for Chevrolet and racing in general. He still hasn't gotten the breaks his talent deserves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts