Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy drag radials [18"] and install them on my stock front wheels to use as rear wheels, while doing the 1/4 mile .

Question: Will the stock front wheels fit on the rear Z51 without a problem ???

I'm doing this because they don't make 19" DRs, and I don't want to buy new wheels. My stock wheels sitting in the garage.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Good question. I asked before but can't remember if I got an anwser here. I asked my local dealership as well, but they were clueless. I think the response I got was that the fronts will fit on the back of the base but not the Z51 due to brake clearance, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Brakes are bigger on the front so I would think they would work. I'd pop one on myself and see if they fit. Good luck

·
DC Crew
3,482 Posts
I would say the easiest way to find out is to jack up the back and try it. Then you will know for certain.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say the easiest way to find out is to jack up the back and try it. Then you will know for certain.
That's what I'll wind up doing. After it stops raining, we are in the middle of a week long rain storm.

I'll back it out of the garage, jack up the rear, bolt on the 18" wheel and spin it. I guess if it doesn't rub, its OK.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Fronts will fit. Some have widened the fronts to make a wider 18inch for drag racing. Just rememeber to keep the diameter of the mounted rears 3/4 - 1inch larger than the fronts to avoid active handling issues:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts