Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

My exhaust system is to damn loud. I want to be able to hear the person I'm talking to or the radio. I'm thinking of purchasing a new exhaust system, and I'm wodering which is the QUIETEST one available? Please help.

Thank You.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Sounds like it's been modified for sure. And... why would you want the quietest? It isn't a Caddy Seville ya know. :laughing:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
because

I would like a loud exhaust if it had a nicer sound to it. Mine is just defning. I think i have flowmasters. It sounds good when I drive it fast, but as soon as I start driving at 15-20, its just annoying. I'll probably just switch it to stock.

Thank You.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Supertrapp makes a tunable exhaust.... You add or remove baffles to get the soundlevel you want

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow

That supertrapp exhuast system is AWESOME! The look is great and it sounds good too. Do you have it on your car? If so, lets see some pics. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm not sure what you other guys think but i have an '85 and i dont think you will ever get rid of that sound you get around 10-20 mph, its just how it is. I went form stock to flows cause i wanted that extra roar when I got on it. I say save the cash and stick with flows but thats just me.:huh:

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
No, I don't have supertraps on my car, the exhaust on mine is OE and I will replace it with Headers/sidepipes "cause I want LOUD!!!
I used to roadrace motorcycles. The racetrack owners told us our bikes were too loud and CANCELED the 6am practice runs... we were more than a little upset to say the least! That week I bought my first supertrap exhaust. The next race most of the guy's showed up with a muffler, not only were our bikes ALOT quieter our top speed was 5-10 mph faster at the end of the straights

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
raidmagic said:
I have the muffler elims. and it's not that loud at all I'd like to make it louder.
If you want to make it LOUD, you will have to gut or eliminate the cats.:smokin:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was going to change my stock 2 3/4 inch system with a Corsa or the Power Effects system that is adjustable but I have raced a 96 LT4 like mine (stock with a few bolt on`s) before and after he added a Corsa cat back system and we are still running EVEN if we punch it at the SAME time.:huh:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Patrick,
Do you have any Dyno Charts of before and after you installed your exhaust system on your LT4? I am REALLY looking at a Power Effects that has the 2 3/4 inch dia. just like the GM LT4 system is and I can change the sound if I get tired of it being louder.Love your Vette.:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts