Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's how it all started:

Yesterday I decided to cruise the tollway with my in car Pc and log some runs. I was running in OPEN LOOP ( no active O2 sensors calibrating AFR ,just running on my VE tables) .I was tuning out a rich condition at 4300 rpm's. Also at WOT I was running 10.5:1 .Way too rich for me...
I new I was losing a lot of power. I know the 720rwhp I have could easily be 800+ rwhp taking some fuel away and adding a little more timing.

Well anyways, after about 8 miles, I had enough logging to go back home and tune so I exited on one of the offramps to turn back around.
I was in a 2 lane left hand turn lane and I noticed a black Porsche with flares and wide wheels up ahead about 5 cars also getting on the toll way . He does not see me .
I thought to myself: Man, what a time to be tuning as the light turns green. I proceeded back on to the toll way and ended up about 1/4 mile behind him in slower traffic.
I made my way through it and I see him up ahead a ways. I was still trying to decide if I should run him because I was still in Open Loop while I was tuning.
I had to look at my screen and navigate to put it back in closed loop. (can't do that while driving unless I wanted to hit a wall)

He then notices me behind him and I he was waiting up for me (brake lights).
I thought to myself ( Oh $hit what am I going to do, motion him to pull over so I can put it back in closed loop). YEA RIGHT.

I decided I was going to run him this way, I had no immediate choice unless I chicken out. NOT A CHANCE.
I also noticed a New Mercedes E55 tagging along with him. The Carrera pulls next to me at 65-70mph, rolls his window down smiles and tells me to slow down. So I did, I dropped it down to 3rd gear and was at about 3000rpm's or so. Then he nodded his head and honked 3 times and nailed it. I nailed it too. I pulled his A$$ good both times . I jumped forward immediatly about 2 car lengths and continued to pull him from there. We raced until about 120mph untill we had to brake because of traffic ahead. He then rolled his window down again and he gave me the thumbs up and he told me to follow him to Woodfield shopping mall that was about 5 miles away which I did.
He, I and the Mercedes pull in the parking lot and we all get out to chat. There was 5 of them total. 1 in the Porsche and 4 in the Benz

It turns out the guys in Benz was taping our tollway runs the whole time. They were making movies for a site. He has me beating his buddy on tape.

This guy also sold his C5 Vette last year and purchased his Turbo Porsche Carrera. It's modded and has about 600 AWHP he says.
He knows of DC and he said he also knows Patrick.

After we talked for a while he told me of his website racingflix (that explains the camera). I wonder if he was a previous or current member of DC..

They wanted to shredd a Vette that day on tape and put it on his site for his gang to relish. I was not going to let that happen ....:spanked:
Not with the Frickin Vette that's still on DC's Header damnit...
I smoked his A$$ with my top down in VE tuning mode. We exchanged #'s so I'll get a link to the video he took.

He said he wants to set me up to race his buddy in his Porsche Turbo pushing 897 RWHP. He had to remove the front drive shaft on the car to be able to take all the horsepower.
Looks like I need to install my smaller blower pulley for more boost sooner than I thought. :D

Wait a minute then I can tune out my rich condition by adding more Boost :rolling:

I have both runs Logged on my HP Tuners software. ( if anybody has HPT I'll post a log file for you to check out.)
I looked at the logs from the race and I shifted from 3rd to 4rth at 7394rpm's.WOW
I cannot wait to see the video
I will link everybody to it when I find it. I'll post it on this thread along with any more info on the 897RWHP Carrera he wants me to run.

I think this time we will go to the strip or a run way though.
Way too much HP to unleash at full tilt on the street safely .

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Can't wait to see the vid:devil:

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
YTMND! what tollway were you on? Sounds like an awsome day, nice win btw, bet when they heard you floor it they :thud:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Way to represent...Racingflix is a great site by the way. The guy who started it used to own a nice C5 pushing 600+ to the wheels. Most of the people who post on the site are very Euro-centric in their opinions of cars, so it will be interesting to (A) see if they post your vid and (B) hear the comments after the 911 gets walked.:partyon:
actually, now that I think about the guy who runs that site has a turbo with the x50 package and I believe the guy in the E55 is one of his friends...maybe that was him looking at your tail lights:D

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Awesome story.:partyon: "Only 720hp":smack

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Schnitzel makes a great snack:D

Great story, thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's a great story C6Dude. I would love to see the video of it on the 'net. How good did that feel?

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
:thumbsup: It kinda feels good to be the "target" to aim for ,even if it kinda gets old sometimes. Every kid at the track this past week had a vid camera to tape their "boys" attempt to get a kill on my vette, as I was the only "high end" car there. Good story and we want the vid when you get a linky:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Bro - thats a great story....

what are the odds of them running into you that day - of all the vettes they choose to **** with in Chicago Land.....

Thats awesome....!!

That thing is a beast - post the vids when you get them...!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
racingflix.com

You can't view any of the vids there without signing up and paying a fee...sucks...

·
Registered
729 Posts
You can't view any of the vids there without signing up and paying a fee...sucks...
Unless they changed it the fee is only for use of the high speed server and you should still be able to register and use the std server. If I'm wrong, my bad...its still worth it to pay the $6.00 or something for the premium membership in my humble...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I believe it would be WELL worth the $6 to see a video of that race, assuming that it's well shot and edited.

Hell, I'll be surprised if the owner of the site posts a video where he gets outrun like that. I'm sure he crapped a twinkie when he heard you lay into that thing...

·
Registered
729 Posts
I believe it would be WELL worth the $6 to see a video of that race, assuming that it's well shot and edited.

Hell, I'll be surprised if the owner of the site posts a video where he gets outrun like that. I'm sure he crapped a twinkie when he heard you lay into that thing...
Not positive that its the owner...just possible. Like I said guy had a pretty sick C5 himself, so he's not a hater

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Fricken awesome post C6dude:partyon: Can't wait to hear/see more of this event!!!!

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
Hey C6Dude, I heard their jaws drop here in NJ! BAM!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
316 Posts
C6 Dude's Post

C6Dude,
thank you - your post was thoroughly entertaining!!! I LUV IT!!

I'm pushing 12lbs of boost currently and when I lay into it north of 3500rpm in 3rd, (on most roads) my ass end usually gets more than a little sideways

Q: Do you have this same problem?

a.

·
Supporting Vendor
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Not positive that its the owner...just possible. Like I said guy had a pretty sick C5 himself, so he's not a hater
Thanks for the support guys

I must have really sucked to loose the race with his friends taping him.
By their reaction,it seems he beats the cars he races. That's why he's cruising around with a cocky smile and a camera.
You should have seen the smirk on his face when he told me to slow down, he looked so sure of himself. It really made me think he had more HP than me. It was funny. I was so happy. This was my first race with someone worth while racing. And it was taped.:thumbsup:

I called his business yesterday and left a message about the video availability.
I hope I see it soon. Iv'e been checking for new uploads.
If I see it, I'll download it and post it here so nobody has to register.
I hope he puts it on. I'll to bother him until he does.:smack
They were bragging how they just beat an new BWW M5 and other cars that day. They must drive around a lot racing while on cam
I think they were on a filming rampage that I think I put a halt to. For the day anyway.:D

He's really a OK guy,no cocky attitute once I met him.
He is definitely the owner too. He gave me his business card. He said he wants to do a write up on my car and shoot road racing videos. He wants to feature it on his site to promote my Shop DPE Corvettes. He wants them in full resolution. I might just do that to get some vettes on his mostly Euro site.

I am looking forward to racing his buddy in his 870rwhp Porsche Carrera.
I'll be getting a call from him soon. I'm sure he wants to see me get spanked so he can post it on his site after I beat him.

I'll be ready to stand my ground.
With my Hoosier R6's on and all dialed in.

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts