Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my radiator cleaned out at a radiator shop with a good reputation. When I got it home and intalled drive for 25 miles. The next morning there were 3-4 drops of fluid on the ground on the left side. I took it back out and back to the shop where they tested it overnight with presure and a dye and found no leak. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
hoses in good shape? Connections tight? From under the car can you see where the drip fell from? Could have been pooled somewhere if some spilled during installation/removal.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I had my radiator cleaned out at a radiator shop with a good reputation. When I got it home and intalled drive for 25 miles. The next morning there were 3-4 drops of fluid on the ground on the left side. I took it back out and back to the shop where they tested it overnight with presure and a dye and found no leak. Any thoughts?
Take the car down to the radiator shop. Have them pressure test the whole "system." It will show up. Could be as simple as a hose, or even the weep hole on the water pump.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Take the car down to the radiator shop. Have them pressure test the whole "system." It will show up. Could be as simple as a hose, or even the weep hole on the water pump.:thumbsup:
I agree, it sounds like the lower hose connection.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
:D If it is a stock radiator it is called "Overflow"/ Straight up/ I drive my 79 to town and there is no leak at all. Sittin there. Now after an hour mabey it will start dripping a little fluid on the ground. Nothing to worry about. I pulled radiator and holding frame and redid the holding frame. Was no big deal. But that drippin, you need to forget about. IT happens. Just my 2 cents but it has been that way since 01 and never runs hot. A BIG LOL:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hoses and clamps are in good shape with leakage.

LOL....this is exactly what the guy from the radiator shop said to do.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I agree with the other guys too. When I replaced the lower radiator hose it was a real challenge. It seems the clamps do just not wanna tighen up down there. But after a few more expand and retract from the climate I finally got it to stop dripping. It is new rubber and I guess with the heat from the radiator it makes it a bit harder than when first installed and you just have to keep tightening the darn thing until it stops. Like I said, it is no big deal. It is not enuf fluid running outta there. Just be sure you do a C3 like a pilot going for a flight. Check, double check. All fluids, belts and air pressure. And most of all get a damned "FLIGHT PLAN" with the proper coordinates. :partyon: :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts