Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 vette with a aftermarket radio. It has been working fine until yesterday, i turned off the ignition and opened the door then the radio turned off like it is supossed to. When I got back in and started the car the radio will not come on. I checked the pink acc. wire that powers the radio and there is no juice. just wondering if there is a switch,relay,or module that turns off the radio when you open the door. if so where is it located.please help. thanks jay

·
Registered
283 Posts
Did you check the fuses for the radio? There is one radio fuse in the main fuse block that has battery voltage (orange wire) and another radio fuse in the auxiliary fuse block #2 (yellow wire) that has ignition voltage. Both these wires go to the solid state radio receiver box.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked all the fuses in the fuse block that is in the side of the dash and they where good. I did not see another fuse block. where is it at.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Is there power at the yellow wire? Did you check any circuits with a test light or did you visually inspect them? If the latter, check the yellow and orange circuits with a test light and see if there is power there. In that diagram, it shows the radio receiver box, there should be a conncector on the back side with all the circuits going to it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Okay, since the yellow wire is hot, your delayed accessory bus (retained accessory power) relay is good. The problem is further down the line. You need to check the ground at the radio receiver box. Connect your meter to the orange or yellow wire and black ground wire at the radio receiver box to make sure the ground is good. 12V

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hey, I was just looking at the flow chart in my manual and it says, "Important
disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 seconds, this may correct the problem."

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
I'm wondering if the acc power wire is fused on the radio harness. It's not that common, but my Pioneer had both power wires connected to in-line fuses. Just a thought.

·
Registered
283 Posts
There's a relay before that. Here is the diagram. If you have power going into the radio receiver box and not coming out, I'd have to condemn the box.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I never found the problem. the dealership couldn't find it either. so bypassed it and tapped in to the switched wire under driver dash. thanks for everyones help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts