Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know of a diagram or pictures available showing me the color code and lay out of the speaker from the reciever and also power antenna? I have ran a new harness from the dash feeding the new recieve to the rear compartment, I plugged in the harness and get no sound at any speaker and the power antenna doesn't function but I do have power at the radio both keyed and constant power.

Any help with the speaker and power antenna wiring layout would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Terry

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I Googled "1995 Corvette radio wiring diagram" and several schematics popped up right at the top. Browsing them, they didn't all seem to apply to that car. But I would try it and look through them. I'll bet your answer is there.

Here is a simplified one that popped up, but it isn't labelled, so I'm not sure if it's for your car or not.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
I Googled "1995 Corvette radio wiring diagram" and several schematics popped up right at the top. Browsing them, they didn't all seem to apply to that car. But I would try it and look through them. I'll bet your answer is there.

Here is a simplified one that popped up, but it isn't labelled, so I'm not sure if it's for your car or not.

This looks to be correct from what I remember. GM used basically the same radio wiring colors form the early 70's up. There may be a stripe on a few but the base color stayed the same. This diagram and a test light should get you taken care of. If you have a question on speaker wires and easy way to check them is to use a 9 volt battery and touch the wires to it. It will make the speaker create a pop noise and tell you the location of that speaker. Best part is it doesn't hurt anything even if you touch the wrong wires. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I came up with the same search with those aame diagrams, none of them match what I have from the old reciever in the storage compartment.
I was wondering if any one else had troubles with this same issuse and could share their findings.

I'm not home right now but later I will try to post a few photos of what I have, but It is different then the diagram shown above.
Also I was hoping for a more detailed diagram that shows all radio and power antenna wiring with color codes.

Thanks,
Terry

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
See if either of these color patterns fits your car. The first is 90-93 Corvette and the second is 2000 Vette.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a bose system, in a 1995 convertible.

I thought it would be readly available to have a wire diagram showing the entire radio system from head unit all the way to each speaker.
My other question would be, are the amps at each speaker ran off of a separate fuse from the radio head unit? Or if it the same circuit?

Thanks,
Terry

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Another stab at it. Is it possible the Vette shared its Bose radio with '95 Chevy coupe?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally fixed!
The web page posted don below in this post has lots of valuable information and I thought it was worth sharing.

The trouble was with a two wire connector for the antenna and amp circuit under the styrofoam in the jack compartment, the wires were corroded in two.
Made the needed repairs to the spice, and the system finally works.

Color codes in the diagrams weren't correct for the speaker harness connectors.

Speaker harness connectors

Left rear harness brown + dark green -
Right rear harness blue+ dark green -

Left front harness tan+ white-
Right front harness light green+ white-

Power harness
Orange=12 volt
Yellow=12 volt switched
Green= amp/antenna trigger
Black =ground

Thanks guys for the help.

Terry