Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
I haven't applied the actual RainX, but I did buy some windshield washer fluid that is suppose to have it in it.

I have had a similar experience to groundczero.

It seems to do a great job of cleaning the windows, but at night, with the headlights shining on the window from oncoming traffic, there is a definite haze on the windshield.

Great in the daytime but sucks at night.

:D :D

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,412 Posts
I started using it back in the 80's. I use it all the time on all my vehicles. The big trick is to make sure that your glass is very clean and rub it on until the tiny drops don't form any more, let it completely dry for about 10 minutes, then buff the hell out of it with a cotton towel. when you are buffing and see streaks, you haven't buffed enough. I don't have a problem with glare at night just with little rain (mist) and low speed and the water not running off but when that happens the wiper take care of it.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The first time I used it the biggest pain was removing the haze after apply RainX.

Here's my tip on cleaning the window after applying RainX. Use a damp cloth and go over the window. After using the damp cloth just use a dry one to go back over the window. Works great and it's very easy.

B

·
0 Posts
I use it on all my cars but not on the windshield due to hazing and when it wears out the wipers dont clean as well and begin to smudge the water. It is great on the side and rear to get rid of the water film that can sometimes interfere with vision.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts