Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in PA the pollen is outrageous.

I won't drive my car until the 'green dust' goes away. I remember in the past with the ram air the K&N would turn green from it - - so if you have a true ram air (Vararam) or good CAI consider cleaning it about every 1000 in the spring.

Me, I let it sit for about three to four weeks . . it isn't cleaning the filter it is cleaning pollen out of every nook and cranny that gets old. Just another thought from an oldman.

My thoughts can be dangerous too :lookinup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Man, I sure am glad to see a post from Old Dog. I've been wondering where he's been. I miss reading his sage advise.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Olddog, if you go fast enough, you should be able to blow past all that stuff, instead of hangin up your car for a few weeks,,,,,:laughing:

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ain't on the car it's going to clog the filter and slow the car via strangling it . .
besides, I never go fast.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ain't on the car it's going to clog the filter and slow the car via strangling it . .
besides, I never go fast.
... and besides, 'FAST' is all relative, right? Olddog drives slower than the muzzle velocity of one of his wife's Colts. Or, say an F-16.

;)

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My wife sold her Colts and it really pissed me off - - so now she has but five or six.

As to my driving - - you cut me to the quick son; now how fast did YOU go going back to Dayton? Exactly!!!!

PS - - How you like your car now? I know, it's slower... ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Slower...must mean my wife is driving. Oh wait, she doesn't drive my Vette. At least not anymore. I have her scared of it now that my bolt-ons are installed and Jeremy Formato is finished with it, not to mention injured... I unintentionally banged her head off the rear roof brace behind the seat as her body was thrown upward and rearward out of the seat on a properly executed 1-2 shift on the way home from a dinner date one evening. She strained her neck and had a headache the next day. Oops:D She's a good woman and wore it like a badge of honor, even showing the bump on her head to the other ladies at the gym. I love my car. Oh, and my wife too.

Guess that's why after hours of street tuning sessions w/ Jeremy I picked up his habit of locking down the shoulder belt by pulling it out all the way then retracting until tight, a-la child safety seat mode. Until my rides with him, I didn't know the driver seat had that feature/mode as well as the passenger side. Just another of many things I learned from Mr. Formato. Best $375 I ever spent, and definitely the most cost-effective mod for me so far.

You know me, olddog. I always drive the speed limit, like on my last 7hr trip out to your place. Thanks again for a wonderful time. It was great meeting you and the Mrs. And Jerermy, of course. Props to the king of Corvette tuning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Radically improved street performance plus 390 rwhp / 379 rwtq on a particular Dynojet 248 known to be stingy. For fun I'll take it to my local speed shop w/ a Dynojet 224 that I baselined on when I was bone stock... I know we're not into dyno #s as a be-all, but it's interesting nonetheless. I'm off to Bud's Chevrolet Corvette Cruise-In @ St Marys, OH tomorrow w/ my 5 yr old co-pilot. Supposed to be great weather. Hope to meet some more of you fine DC forum members there.

Cheers my friend olddog! :cheers:

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad you were happy with his work - - haven't gotten any complaints yet and was driving a new Z06 he did yesterday - - it is 'interesting'. Where mine zips to 145 his is at 165 and that is VERY significant with wind resistance etc . . it is really a lot faster to say the least and the platform is quieter too.

I told him it was my verbal abuse of Jeremy that got the job done; not too sure he believed me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts