Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(C6 mods 3.90 gears, cat-back Bullets, Vararam w/spacer, full dyno tune, 345/30/19 Z06 whls w/Z06 fenders) F360 Stradale headers, exhaust, possible cam, anyhow...We ran on the frwy from a roll 4 times (I clearly thought I was going to loose) his 360 sounded soo NASTY!! LIKE A CHAINSAW W/NO oil about to blow up! would've killed a new born baby if it heard this noise!

1st run just a burst from 50-85 literally 3/4 throttle! in 2nd gear, we were DEAD even!!:surprised traffic was a limitting factor, then we slowed down like 20-30 mph talked exchanged mods etc...He kept saying are you sure you don't have a Cam, headers? me NOPE ! WE RUN AGAIN 40-120 ish dead even till 85 then I start to pull him HARD!!!! By 3 lengths till traffic made me shut down, (It was awesome!!!) we did two more runs w/same out come, then got off the frwy to gas station to talk, he had a beautiful Ferrari 360!! bright yellow, and nasty exhaust kept pressing about mods, I even popped the hood to show NO headers, etc.. He thought I was a Z06 until he saw my A4 trans!! he really flipped! I tried to explain his low torque and my 3.90 gears were paramount in crushing him...

None the less kool guy, w/NEW respect for C6! I've read online they have achieved a 12.20 @ 119 STOCK! and this guy could drive, so I'm very happy w/my current set-up! can't wait for LG headers, and possible Maggie, or heads, cam, I just WISH I could've seen our race from behind! must've been stellar! his exhaust hurt my ears! And this is coming from a guy w/Bullets!

If we would've had more room I would've raped him badly, it was a run! not a walk! anyhow I hope you guys enjoyed my write-up this happened on the 101 N. bound between Callabasas and TO 2 weeks ago... best fun yet!

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Nice kill:partyon: Those Ferraris have a great sound to them, but it's hard to get away from a big V8 all cammed up ;)

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Great kill!!! It's really cool when you run across a guy who is down to Earth and owns a bad ass car, like the Stadale. That is a bad ass car and so is yours. Corvette has earned alot of respect in the last 5 to 6 years. I think it really started when the ZO6 came out in late 2000. Year after year Corvette is running stronger than ever. I have lost count on how many times Corvette has won the 24 hours of Le Mans. Now Corvette is just like the race car. The C5 ZO6 didn't look anything like the C5-R. I believe it was Road @ Track that did a shootout with the C5 ZO6 and the C5-R. They wrote the only similarities
were , they were both yellow. They are now saying the C6 ZO6 is more
advance than the race car, because of the aluminum frame. Word is getting out quickly on how these cars are taking over.

Jr.

·
Registered
90 Posts
c6 v 360

This is another example why bang for the buck is such an important topic !!!

Granted a Ferrari has a memorable sound, but so does a stock C6 Zo6 fully open !:agree:

ANY PICS WHILE STOPPED ?!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Can't wait until Corvette SS turns up . All you million
dollar sport car owners , take cover this is how we
do it in USA .:D

·
Registered
939 Posts
Thats a great kill!!!:partyon:

Very glad he showed the proper respects:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
my neighbor has a 360. it is an awesome sounding car.

i haven't told him about the Z i ordered yet. i have had to bite my tounge on several occasions. can't wait to see his face when the black Z arrives. he'll have the second fastest car in the neighborhood at well over $100k. :rolling:

he is single, and though the vette is sweet, the ferrari is a way better chick magnet. :thumbsup: but, who cares about that, i'll still slap him around like a red headed step child!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Great story...your lucky he even stopped to talk.most wouldn't.
I had a friend with a Stradale,beautiful car and sound but I never got to see him push the car.....it did however gather women...:cheers:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Sweet! :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
5,554 Posts
Hell yeah! :partyon:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanx for the replies gents! but I'm driving/own a 2005 C6! w/Z06 body mods and wheels/tires 3.90 gears, it's NOT a Z06.....

But I still whopped him!:thumbsup:

& for those who asked "how I found out what the F-Car was running?" We stopped at a gas station after our runs to chat, also when we were rolling slowly at 20+mph he kept saying "Are you sure you don't have headers? or a Cam?" lol. My answer NOPE just gears, cat-bck, CAI, TUNE.

I believe it was an 2005-06 Ferarri Stradale, It looked really new/perfect.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I love this thread, what a great kill story... :partyon: :partyon:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great story...your lucky he even stopped to talk.most wouldn't.
I had a friend with a Stradale,beautiful car and sound but I never got to see him push the car.....it did however gather women...:cheers:
Gathering, is this similar to harvesting women?

The 360 is only a 3.6 liter v8 and only runs high 12's due to tall gearing, plus the vette responds way better to mods, this out come should have been expected, although I doubt he had cams.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gathering, is this similar to harvesting women?

The 360 is only a 3.6 liter v8 and only runs high 12's due to tall gearing, plus the vette responds way better to mods, this out come should have been expected, although I doubt he had cams.
W/light weight Stradale they've gotten 12.30 @ 119 bone stock 1/4 :thumbsup:

W/Tubi Exhaust 12.10 1/4 mile 0-60 3.2 thru 4.35 seconds there NO joke
If I didn't have 3.90 gears I don't think I would've been dead even w/him up to 85..
Click this link for info on ALL the 360 models including Stradale...:thumbsup:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_360

Also Car&Driver got the Ferrari Stradale 0-60mph in 4.0 sec & 12.40 1/4 mile
Hardly a "high" 12 second car in capable hands..:huh: they only weigh 2600lbs...

Dragtimes 2004 Stradale 12.53 @ 114.14
http://www.dragtimes.com/Ferrari-Challenge-Stradale-Timeslip-3025.html

·
Registered
18 Posts
W/light weight Stradale they've gotten 12.30 @ 119 bone stock 1/4 :thumbsup:

W/Tubi Exhaust 12.10 1/4 mile 0-60 3.2 thru 4.35 seconds there NO joke
If I didn't have 3.90 gears I don't think I would've been dead even w/him up to 85..
Click this link for info on ALL the 360 models including Stradale...:thumbsup:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_360

Also Car&Driver got the Ferrari Stradale 0-60mph in 4.0 sec & 12.40 1/4 mile
Hardly a "high" 12 second car in capable hands..:huh: they only weigh 2600lbs...

Dragtimes 2004 Stradale 12.53 @ 114.14
http://www.dragtimes.com/Ferrari-Challenge-Stradale-Timeslip-3025.html

I was just speaking for a basic 360, sorry.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was just speaking for a basic 360, sorry.
No sorry needed bro! but you need some better research, even the basic 360 Modena isn't a "High 12 sec car" it runs the 1/4 in 12.60 @ 114, the only 360 model that comes close 12.70 @ 112 is the 360 Spider convertible...

Here's another list w/all 360 models NONE are high 12's, (ie..12.8-12.9) all are VERY close but mostly faster than the AVERAGE stock C6 Vette 1/4 times:thumbsup:

http://www.kitcarusa.com/kb.php?aid=83

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
(C6 mods 3.90 gears, cat-back Bullets, Vararam w/spacer, full dyno tune, 345/30/19 Z06 whls w/Z06 fenders) F360 Stradale headers, exhaust, possible cam, anyhow...We ran on the frwy from a roll 4 times (I clearly thought I was going to loose) his 360 sounded soo NASTY!! LIKE A CHAINSAW W/NO oil about to blow up! would've killed a new born baby if it heard this noise!

1st run just a burst from 50-85 literally 3/4 throttle! in 2nd gear, we were DEAD even!!:surprised traffic was a limitting factor, then we slowed down like 20-30 mph talked exchanged mods etc...He kept saying are you sure you don't have a Cam, headers? me NOPE ! WE RUN AGAIN 40-120 ish dead even till 85 then I start to pull him HARD!!!! By 3 lengths till traffic made me shut down, (It was awesome!!!) we did two more runs w/same out come, then got off the frwy to gas station to talk, he had a beautiful Ferrari 360!! bright yellow, and nasty exhaust kept pressing about mods, I even popped the hood to show NO headers, etc.. He thought I was a Z06 until he saw my A4 trans!! he really flipped! I tried to explain his low torque and my 3.90 gears were paramount in crushing him...

None the less kool guy, w/NEW respect for C6! I've read online they have achieved a 12.20 @ 119 STOCK! and this guy could drive, so I'm very happy w/my current set-up! can't wait for LG headers, and possible Maggie, or heads, cam, I just WISH I could've seen our race from behind! must've been stellar! his exhaust hurt my ears! And this is coming from a guy w/Bullets!

If we would've had more room I would've raped him badly, it was a run! not a walk! anyhow I hope you guys enjoyed my write-up this happened on the 101 N. bound between Callabasas and TO 2 weeks ago... best fun yet!
I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse. But here in SoCal, it's pretty trivial to go out and find a worthy rival . . . maybe more than anywhere in the whole world. I know some guys talk crap on Ferraris, but they're the only make whose entire foundation is nothing but racing passion. If I were infinitely rich, there would certainly be an example or two in my stable . . . right next to my righteous collection of Bow Ties.:cheers:

·
Registered
157 Posts
not sure about stradale, but a 360 is on my kill list:partyon:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts