Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I went to look at an antique sewing machine that we were interested in from Craig's list. When we got to the the house, there was a white '68 Vette with a 427 hood and side pipes sitting in the grass. It was a 4-speed with blue interior, and everything looked original. I talked to the owner about it, and he had owned it for many years and still drives it regularly. The engine is not original - it's a 454 now. It isn't restored at all and needs work, but no major flaws were visible from a quick look other than a broken headlight lid. The car isn't on the market, but the owner is out of work right now. I told him to call me if he decides to sell. I ( stupidly) didn't snap a pic with my iPhone. But I sure would like to have that car if he doesn't think it is made of solid gold. :D

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
My wife and I went to look at an antique sewing machine that we were interested in from Craig's list. When we got to the the house, there was a white '68 Vette with a 427 hood and side pipes sitting in the grass. It was a 4-speed with blue interior, and everything looked original. I talked to the owner about it, and he had owned it for many years and still drives it regularly. The engine is not original - it's a 454 now. It isn't restored at all and needs work, but no major flaws were visible from a quick look other than a broken headlight lid. The car isn't on the market, but the owner is out of work right now. I told him to call me if he decides to sell. I ( stupidly) didn't snap a pic with my iPhone. But I sure would like to have that car if he doesn't think it is made of solid gold. :D
Wow Tex that sounds like a nice find if you can get him to sell and at the right price. Good luck, I hope he calls you back.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
No pictures? :spanked::spanked::spanked:

:laughing:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coupe or Vert?
It was a coupe. Interior was normal wear, but not ripped to shreds or anything. The "CORVETTE" letters were missing off of the rear - looks like he might have been thinking about painting it. He added the sidepipes, so it still had the cutouts for the factory duals. I am not a sidepipe man. I think the factory setup looks better. Maybe I'll sneak back over there and snap a picture so the rest of you can dream too. :D

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hey TxDentist Remember me from the last year at the Car show in NRH?? I talked with you and latter met your son who was wantting to get a C3... Did he ever get one or is this one for him if you get?

I stiil have mine...

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey TxDentist Remember me from the last year at the Car show in NRH?? I talked with you and latter met your son who was wantting to get a C3... Did he ever get one or is this one for him if you get?

I stiil have mine...
Sure, I remember. No he hasn't got one yet. If he does, it will be through me since he is a married student. This car was in N. Richland Hills - right in your territory. Have you done anything more to your '73?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Oh Cool... Maybe the Guy will eventually give in and Sell it.. I Understand about your Son... But if you do get it you two can work on it together..Remember the 68 is unique some of the other year part wont fit on a 68.. But it sounds like a great car.. No I havent done much to mine was out of work for 8 Months .. But Next year I will do some things on it..

Daniel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts