Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But he is still not expected to resign. :crazy:

"A House member who once wielded great influence was convicted Tuesday on 11 counts of breaking ethics rules and now faces punishment. The veteran lawmaker immediately denounced the verdict as unfair.
An ethics panel of eight House peers deliberated over two days before delivering a jarring blow to the Democratic Rep. Charles Rangel's 40-year career. Rangel was charged with 13 counts of financial and fundraising misconduct."

Link: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11/16/ethics-panel-continues-deliberations-rangel/

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
In this day and age, you know that before pinning that on any minority, every single t is crossed & i is dotted, he's going down.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In this day and age, you know that before pinning that on any minority, every single t is crossed & i is dotted, he's going down.:thumbsup:
I'm not sure exactly what their options are on punisment, but the article sounds like they aren't too drastic. Apparently they can't remove him from office, but they can take away all of his leadership roles. I think his constituents would keep voting him in even if he was in legirons.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Rangel's wrist has been slapped, lightly. May we now continue about the business of the country?

I said the Dems would push this through before the lame duck session ended.

All of Rangel's protests about having no counsel amounted to a tale toold by a fool, full of sound and fury but signifying nothing.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
If I got caught violating my company's ethics policy I would be out of a job in seconds.

·
Registered
311 Posts
He was Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee (they write our tax laws) and he "forgot" to claim rent income he received from his Punta Cana Yacht Club house located in the Dominican Republic. What a joke:crazy:

What if a simple man like me were to forget to claim income - the IRS would be all over my ass!

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
He apologized, it should be over. He should be allowed to continue serving the people who elected him, afterall what's a few small indiscretions over his many years of public service.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He apologized, it should be over. He should be allowed to continue serving the people who elected him, afterall what's a few small indiscretions over his many years of public service.
Get your tongue out of your cheek. If you "forgot" to pay taxes on propery in the Caribbean, what do you think they would do to you? At least serious penalties and interest. If they decided you did it on purpose, maybe prison. And that was only one of his indiscretions.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Get your tongue out of your cheek. If you "forgot" to pay taxes on propery in the Caribbean, what do you think they would do to you? At least serious penalties and interest. If they decided you did it on purpose, maybe prison. And that was only one of his indiscretions.
I say his lifetime of public service far outweighs the few speed bumps he's had recently, it's not like the guy is going to live forever. I think he should be shown mercy so long as he promises not to make the same mistakes again.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I say his lifetime of public service far outweighs the few speed bumps he's had recently, it's not like the guy is going to live forever. I think he should be shown mercy so long as he promises not to make the same mistakes again.
Thats right, he has 2 out of the 4. Minority and in the goverment. You expect double dipping like that to be held accountable for anything???:rolling: Its ok the rules only apply to us not them.
:lookinup:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree. I also think those little trolls that live at the end of the rainbow should send me a sack of gold coins every month. :thud:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
I agree. I also think those little trolls that live at the end of the rainbow should send me a sack of gold coins every month. :thud:
Have some compassion man, you're going to be his age and hated just as much in a few short years. :laughing:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
He's going to be censured. :rolleyes:
Basically a parking ticket he won't have to pay.
He actually cried at the sentencing...:crazy:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Pure BS. He should have his old ass kicked to the curb cause you know if any of us did any of that crap we'd be in jail with huge fines to pay.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts