Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

181 - 192 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #181 (Edited)
Settle down all you hooligans...

I'll do something stupid in the car soon enough, but after taking the seats out to get the incorrect seat belts R&R'd, I've been busy and am waiting to get the new parts to put everything back together.

Still breaking in the new Super 10 Bolt rear end from Gary Ramadei; so no burn-outs just yet. I did run the stock LS6 up to the red line a couple of times though, and it's pretty ferocious. The 295's in the back were sticking really well; so I fully expect the car can get into the low 12's as it sits.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
hooligans?

Outlaws maybe, degenerates possibly, a$$holes probably, but hooligans..... :rolling:

I just want to see what this gorgeous car can do in the real world. I'm sure you understand. Take all the precautions necessary just don't forget we are interested.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Any updates?:huh: I am in need of my picture fix, so come on man post up.:WTF

:cheers:
Mark

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
What an absolutely beautiful ride! The video gave me chills! Love it! Also, my hat really is off to Josh and his crew. I was so impressed, I had to open your build link up on my home computer, as the paltry little screen on my laptop isn't large enough to show your pictures big enough. The engine compartment just leaves me in awe. Nothing, and I repeat NOTHING beats a C3 with her curvy 36-24-36 body and a late model LS heart and lung transplant! Talk about being able to have your cake and eat it too! This my friend is the #1 absolute hands down best platform in ANY American car ever made to have been selected a prestigious award and be gifted with the best possible drivetrain upgrade. You can bet, had the LSx platform been around back then, our C3's would have been the very FIRST to receive it. Great build man.:partyon:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Okay...I haven't really been spending much time on the forum recently, and certainly not contributing. I was trading emails with Josh recently, and he let me know that the mob was agitating for some current pictures; so here are a few, though I'm a little embarrassed that they are just in my driveway.

So, since I moved back to the US from Italy last year and got my 63 convertible project back in my own garage where I can work on it, I realize that I've been obsessing on it. On my weekends, and whenever I have time, the C2 is the only one of the Corvettes that I think about, and I've totally neglected the '70. It's gotten so bad that I wanted to drive the '70 over to a car show that the local Fort Worth Corvette club was hosting today, but before I could, I had to spray it down to get all the dust and crap off of it and get it all dried and presentable because I had just be letting it get covered in fiberglass and polyester dust from the body work I've been doing on the C2. :lookinup:

So, I finally get over to the car show and park outside the perimeter that they have set up because I'm not a member of the club, and I haven't registered to participate. I'm walking around checking out the other cars, and I look back to notice that there is a mob forming around the '70 that isn't even part of the show; so I end up going back to pop the hood and talk to people about my car for the rest of the morning.

The whole experience just reminded me of how lucky I am to have this cool ride. I hate to say it, but I'm a real perfectionist. It serves me well in my job, and it drives me to do things to absurdly high level of quality, but it also causes me to overlook the goodness in a lot of things. I always notice the tiny little things that aren't right about my cars, but walking around looking at some of the other cars today, I was noticing just how imperfect they were and good mine really is.

When I got back home and spent some time in the garage just going over all of the little things and the workmanship that Josh and CIC put into the car, I really felt embarrassed for having taken so much of it for granted for the last ~6 months since the car came home. Sure, there are some little things that still need to be finished and improved, but the fact is, this is the best Corvette, or any classic car, that I've ever owned or driven. I've just been re-inspired to make damned sure that my C2 project meets or beats the same high standard.

Thanks, Josh! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Well if I saw that car sitting there, I would definatey go check it out! I really like the look of the car. Glad you are getting it out.
Do you have a build thread on the c2 in the section next door? I would like to follow that.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Okay...I haven't really been spending much time on the forum recently, and certainly not contributing. I was trading emails with Josh recently, and he let me know that the mob was agitating for some current pictures; so here are a few, though I'm a little embarrassed that they are just in my driveway.

It's gotten so bad that I wanted to drive the '70 over to a car show that the local Fort Worth Corvette club was hosting today, but before I could, I had to spray it down to get all the dust and crap off of it and get it all dried and presentable because I had just be letting it get covered in fiberglass and polyester dust from the body work I've been doing on the C2. :lookinup:
Thanks, Josh! :thumbsup:
Man, I just can't stop looking at this car, in my top 3 favs! Ranger, do you have one of these?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ccd-62443?seid=srese1&gclid=CIbd06CnvsECFQ8R7AodXmoAQg

One of the few gimmick thingys that work well.

181 - 192 of 192 Posts