Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 40 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'll get into Watertown in about 20 hours, and there should be color going on during my visit. This must be how a father-to-be feels waiting for a new baby to be born! :excited:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
It's Thursday evening, and I'm stranded in Sioux Falls after my flight out was cancelled. Had a great 2-day visit to CIC where I finally got to meet Tony and Brent for the first time. The car is looking great and is almost ready for color. I was hoping to see it on the car while I was there, but it needed just a little more prep work, and quality is the top priority, not speed. Anyway, I at least got to see the paint in the can, and it looks fantastic!!! Can't wait to see pics of it on the car, which should happen in the next day or two.

I'd attach new pics, but you've already seen one with Josh & Tony sanding. It doesn't look much different through a camera lens, but up close, things are really coming together nicely. I did some inspection work on the fenders last night to find any remaining tiny imperfection that needed to be repaired. Everything is looking really good! :thumbsup:

P.S.--> The pictures don't do Brent's car justice. It's going to look great when it's done. Looking forward to seeing a picture with our next to each other. I'm doing a more understated look while Brent's grabs your attention. The two next to each other should really show the range of what CIC is doing these days.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Got new pics last night from Josh of a mod to the hood I wanted in order to let out the air pressure and help keep the front wheels planted at high speeds. We talked about it in detail when I was up there last week, and they've got it just exactly how I was envisioning it. I think this is going to look pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Nice! a long time ago back in the 80's I installed large satellite dishes. One thing I learned is that wire mesh passes air up to a point. The mesh loads up to the point that it's like having a solid surface. You might do some research on this before you trust the mesh for releasing air pressure.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Eli - good to meet you at CIC. The next time your stranded in SIoux Falls give me a call and the beer is on me. Your hood looks great! Any color on your car yet?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
John...no color yet, but it's geting so painfully close that it's hard to get to sleep each night wondering if there will be pictures waiting in my email inbox the next morning! It's kind of like waiting for Christmas morning as a kid, I guess. :D

Marks76Ray...I'm sure you're right about the air flow characteristics of the mesh, but any venting effect is better than none. I also have the side egg-crate grills; so between the two, I should be in pretty good shape.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Marks76Ray...I'm sure you're right about the air flow characteristics of the mesh, but any venting effect is better than none. I also have the side egg-crate grills; so between the two, I should be in pretty good shape.
.. and most importantly it looks cool!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Alright, paint application has started...

I know some of you will question my color choice, but I wanted something different, and I have vision in my head that may not make sense until the whole car comes together. Anyway, it's a Toyota color called Pyrite Pearl or Pyrite Mica, depending on what year & model it came on.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Looks good to me. Can't wait to see it all over the car. I bet you are checking your email every few minutes for updates. I know I would be.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Looks good to me. Can't wait to see it all over the car. I bet you are checking your email every few minutes for updates. I know I would be.
Sounds like you've done this before...

Unfortunately, I'm 7 time zones ahead and have to work tomorrow; so I can't stay up all night waiting for real-time updates. :(

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Paint update

Josh & Tony worked through the night and got the car jamb'd out so they can finish the paint work Wednesday tonight. Here's the picture chronology...

Stance looking really good in this pic.

Off the chassis

Getting sealed

Jambin'... (pun intended)

The picture quality & lighting are not optimal, but they're good enough that I can tell I'm going to be very happy with how the color looks on the car. :partyon:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Wow, I would have never picked that color, but now that I see it on the car... DAMN! that is going to be sweet.
You are smiling right now, arent you? :thumbsup:

21 - 40 of 192 Posts