Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

41 - 60 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
A couple more pics from right after Josh applied another light mist over the first coat. As always, the pictures don't give you the full picture, but from his enthusiasm, it's apparently looking really good. This angle also shows the hood vent cutouts, which are looking sweet.

Brent - I'm completely stoked about how things are turning out, and it should only get better once it's clear-coated. I'm still mulling it over while Josh is sleeping, but there may be a satin clear in our future...:cool:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Wow that is a tough call. One of the things I like about the paint right now is that it outlines edges of the cars curves. I wonder if satin would retain that quality better then glossy? Then again a shiny 'vette is a beautiful thing. Like I said that is a tought call. Especially for me. :laughing:
Either way I am sure it will look great.
Brent

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Here are a couple of pics of a different bronze but with a flatened clear. This BMW doesn't have nearly the dramatic curves & edges as a C3, but they still show up well with the "ice" finish. I think it would be at least as good as how it looks now with just the base color; maybe even better than glossy. :huh:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Love the color! I would stick with gloss but thats just me. Whichever you choose I will like it. Remember you are trying to please yourself not anyone else. Keep us posted:thumbsup:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Back to bore everyone with more pictures; this time with a better quality camera than before. I love this paint more every time I get new pics, though I think these shots make it look a bit darker than it really is. Anyway, satin clear coat it is. Decision has been made.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Wow, I really like it, and with satin clear, that will look fantastic as a finished car. It's just the right paint choice for a modern resto rod. What makes it really stand out is that it is very different then what you normally see on most custom or restored projects. This makes the car more Interesting to view because its so different, a one of a kind, attention grabber.

Great choice on the paint.

Terry

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Not a BMW color; I just found those pictures of a BMW with a bronze color and satin finish. I couldn't find any pics of a C3 with similar finish. Either no one has done it, or they just haven't put any pictures online.

Actually, it a Toyota color... :lookinup:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Aaaahhhh...this is better than sex!

Hey Eli, why don`t you let her try body paint to get this covered !

The color is superb, so much better on the Shark than any Toyota.
The other good thing is, you never get bored from these kind of colors and they are never outdated.

Satin is a must !

·
Registered
7 Posts
The last pics are killer! Great looking car-and just in time for your return in October (I quess that is still on). I love the 2" flares in the back. Was anything done to the front wheel wells?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
The last pics are killer! Great looking car-and just in time for your return in October (I quess that is still on). I love the 2" flares in the back. Was anything done to the front wheel wells?
No change to the front wheel openings. That was the easiest part of this car! The rest was more like...:nuts:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Latest picture of the hood with the satin clear. The last round of pics really over-represented the darkness of the paint, but it's much more bronze like this pic.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Okay now you are starting to piss me off. You keep waving that hood in my face and it makes me want one more each time. Knock it off!
Seriously, that is really sweet. Small change in fiberglass made a huge change in how it looks. If it cools better too, then that is just the gravy on the cake as we say here in Iowa.
BTW, we don't really say that in Iowa, but I bet a lot of you believed it. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Okay now you are starting to piss me off. You keep waving that hood in my face and it makes me want one more each time. Knock it off!
Seriously, that is really sweet. Small change in fiberglass made a huge change in how it looks. If it cools better too, then that is just the gravy on the cake as we say here in Iowa.
BTW, we don't really say that in Iowa, but I bet a lot of you believed it. :laughing:
That was to funny.

Terry

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Sorry for my insensitivity, but I want to make it up to you. I have some ideas for "enhancement" on your hood. It only requires a Sawzall, some basic attachment hardware and some bull horns. I'll send you a sketch...

Do you use the cake "drippings" to make the gravy, or is it just the canned stuff? Sounds delicious either way! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Sorry for my insensitivity, but I want to make it up to you. I have some ideas for "enhancement" on your hood. It only requires a Sawzall, some basic attachment hardware and some bull horns. I'll send you a sketch...

Do you use the cake "drippings" to make the gravy, or is it just the canned stuff? Sounds delicious either way! :thumbsup:
Yea, that hood mod you described above sounds more like a Texas thang. I will let you keep that one along with the gun rack mod that you are planning. Oh, was that a secret?

We use "drippings" canned stuff is for them city-dwellin' cement lovers.
:D

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Ranger,

Great choices all around. I too like the color. If I recall correctly Michelle used to be painted a two tone satin red and black. It looked cool too.

What kind of wheels you thinking about?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Ok what's the deal, last post middle of September, we don't allow this kind of behavior here at DC. :huh:

41 - 60 of 192 Posts