Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the info I can find....

"This trivia game was produced in 1985 by the employees of the Corvette Assembly Plant in Bowling Green KY.
The object of the game is to move your Vette around the game board by answering questions about Covettes and Corvette history.

This would be a great gift for the Corvette owner or a member of a local Corvette club. Think you know alot about Corvettes? This game lets you go head to head against the guys that build 'em.

Trivia questions

What was the first year for A/C?
How many Corvettes were made in 1973?
Were sun visors standard or optional in '61?
What was the first year Stingray?
How many engine options were avail. in '59?
Plus many many more"

Anyone seen this before?

:huh:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Never have seen it. I would imagine something like tha belongs at the museum, at least 1 anyway. Talk about a collector's item!

·
Banned
591 Posts
wish I had that.....:lookinup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Corvette Trivia Game

We have a Corvette Trivia Game did not know it was that rare.
It is number 159. They are number coded on the box. Worked at GM in 1985. Also have the July 1985 Newsletter put out about the employes who masterminded the game.

I think that game you show above is a later one from the very first ones of 1985. The cards are different.

Perhaps we need to check and see if this truly is a collectors item.

·
Registered
3 Posts
corvette board game

Has any one found any more on the Corvette trivia game board that are the first ones put out with the cards being black and white. I see some one ( Wilcox Corvette Inc.) has one with a high number (559) listed for sale (listed as brought in 1984 which is wrong) for $150 but wonder if this is a later one. Does anyone know what number started the next batch of the games after the very first batch was sold out?
Odd not to be able to find out much at all these days on them. Like I said in post in 07 I have number 159.

thanks sahile

"This trivia game was produced in 1985 by the employees of the Corvette Assembly Plant in Bowling Green KY.
The object of the game is to move your Vette around the game board by answering questions about Covettes and Corvette history.

This would be a great gift for the Corvette owner or a member of a local Corvette club. Think you know alot about Corvettes? This game lets you go head to head against the guys that build 'em.

Trivia questions

Plus many many more"

Anyone seen this before?

:huh:[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3 Posts
corvette board game

corvette board game

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has any one found any more on the Corvette trivia game board that are the first ones put out with the cards being black and white. I see some one ( Wilcox Corvette Inc.) has one with a high number (559) listed for sale (listed as brought in 1984 which is wrong) for $150 but wonder if this is a later one. Does anyone know what number started the next batch of the games after the very first batch was sold out?
Odd not to be able to find out much at all these days on them. Like I said in post in 07 I have number 159.

thanks sahile

·
Registered
724 Posts
I google the Corvette Triva Boardgame and found that the NCM is selling one for $5.00 reduced from $49.95. It is not the same game, but it idies have a C4 on the box cover.

I think a good starting point to check on the game would be the museum. Maybe they have info in the records.

Here is the link to the NCM game,

http://store.corvettemuseum.com/detail.aspx?ID=575

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I found this refeance and pictures of the game, but not much info...

Clicky

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I also found the copyright on it.

Copyright
Corvette trivia quiz.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TYPE OF WORK:

NAME: Visual Material

Kutzman, Johnnie Ted, 1951-,Faust, Erick J., 1948-,Queen, James Ervin, 1949-,Faust, Kutzman, Queen, Inc.

REG NUMBER: VA0000200997

REG DATE: 1985-05-06

TITLE: Corvette trivia quiz.

DESCRIPTION: gameboard.

COPYRIGHT CLAIMANT: Faust, Kutzman, Queen, Inc.

CREATION DATE: 1985

PUBLICATION DATE: 1985-04-15

AUTHORSHIP ON APPLICATION: artwork and compilation: Johnnie Ted Kutzman, Erick J. Faust & James Ervin Queen.

COPYRIGHT NOTE: C.O. correspondence.

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
Got a feeling it would go over well if they reproduced it again.

·
Registered
339 Posts
From the info I can find....

Trivia questions

Plus many many more"

Anyone seen this before?

:huh:

Yep I have seen it, still in the wrapped box unopenrd in my closet...:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts