Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my 91 i have 2.52 great on gas but if i develop the need for speed would 3.73 gears be a simple fix @to to what degree slso is any tranny work needed for corect shifting its auto thanx for any experenced comments:cheers: :cheers: :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
"I have heard the L-98's don't like much more than a 3:54 gear."

THAT would ONLY APPLY to stock or nearly stock engines that fall off a cliff power wise at about 5000rpm, I can tell you 100% without any resevations that a 3.73-4.11 rear gear works perfectly once youve modified your engine to make good hp in the 4500rpm-6500rpm range like my corvettes 383, now keep firmly in mind that if you going to make excelent power your engine MUST be modified to breath at higher rpms and in the case of a sbc that would mean modifying the engines torque curve to make its best power above the stock engines normal power range of 2000rpm-4500rpm and turning the engine to at least 6200rpms minimum

READ THIS POST AND THE LINKS CAREFULLY
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6305

keep in mind what you learn then remember that the formula for hp is
(tq x rpm /5252=hp) that basically means that those extra 2000-2500rpms can double the engine effective power output if the correct mods are used

1 - 3 of 3 Posts