Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I brought my car into the shop since the door window would not go down or up when I opened or closed the car door. :down:

Yes, I am a little upset.

Also, I found out that GM does not even give a loaner car when you leave the car overnight. I dropped off the car around 5:00 pm. The dealer says the car has to be there for 24 hours. Go figure.

Okay, now for the main question.

The car is fixed and the service advisor told me that my windows needed to be reprogrammed. I asked if I can do this if it happens again. He said no.

However, a coworker with another C6 stated yes.

Does anyone know if this is possible or do I always have to take the car into the dealership for something so simple?

Please advise.

Have a wonderful day/week,
Andy

·
Registered
28 Posts
window index

My 2007 Z06 gave me some trouble after the battery went dead from not using it. It took 5 or 6 times of starting and killing the engine and opening and closing the door for it to correct itself.It happened on a Sunday so I didn"t have a chance to go to the dealer but the problem cleared up on its own. There could be something in the owners manual about window indexing.

My wife has a 2006 vert and her battery was dead the same day I charged it up and she had no window problems.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The steps to reindex the windows can be found in the owners manual. It is very simple to do.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick response

Thanks. I will check the manual for this and ask the service advisor to determine this solution would have corrected the issue.

Once again, this proves how great this forum is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts