Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings DC members!
I recently had my tire sensors re-installed on different rims. How do you reset them so the computer can read them?, and if I put dr's on different rims and swap them for track pursposes, will I have to re-set them again once I swap to strret tires?

Thanx!

Klrbee

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
i had the same questions when i had my ccw's put on i asked the dealer to reset them to 25 lbs in the back but the low tire pressure warning kept coming on

but i think you have to do something with a magnet and when the tires are reset the horn will honk but i know thats not all you have to do something else

sorry i didnt help at all:huh:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,554 Posts
It isn't difficult to reset them

1. Turn the ignition to ON.
2. Press the RESET button in order to clear any IPC display warning messages.
3. Press and release the OPTIONS button on the DIC to scroll through the display options until the IPC display is blank.
4. Press and hold the DIC RESET button for 3 seconds.
5. Press the OPTIONS button again until the TIRE TRAINING message appears.
6. Press the RESET button until the IPC LEARN L FRONT TIRE message appears in order to begin the programming sequence.
7. Put a strong magnet over the left front valve stem.
8. The horn will sound, indicating the left front TPM sensor is programmed.
9. When the horn sounds, proceed to program the next TPM sensor in the following order as directed
by the IPC messages:
- LEARN R FRONT TIRE
- LEARN R REAR TIRE
- LEARN L REAR TIRE
Programming Cancellation
1. The programming mode will be cancelled if any of the following conditions are met: - The program mode is exited through the DIC.
- The ignition is turned to OFF.
- All four sensors have been programmed.
- The TPM system has been in the program mode for longer than 2 minutes and no sensors have been learned.
2. If the program mode is cancelled with less than four codes stored, the receiver will only accept the codes programmed up to that point.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,554 Posts
how do you do it
It isn't difficult to reset them

1. Turn the ignition to ON.
2. Press the RESET button in order to clear any IPC display warning messages.
3. Press and release the OPTIONS button on the DIC to scroll through the display options until the IPC display is blank.
4. Press and hold the DIC RESET button for 3 seconds.
5. Press the OPTIONS button again until the TIRE TRAINING message appears.
6. Press the RESET button until the IPC LEARN L FRONT TIRE message appears in order to begin the programming sequence.
7. Put a strong magnet over the left front valve stem.
8. The horn will sound, indicating the left front TPM sensor is programmed.
9. When the horn sounds, proceed to program the next TPM sensor in the following order as directed
by the IPC messages:
- LEARN R FRONT TIRE
- LEARN R REAR TIRE
- LEARN L REAR TIRE
Programming Cancellation
1. The programming mode will be cancelled if any of the following conditions are met: - The program mode is exited through the DIC.
- The ignition is turned to OFF.
- All four sensors have been programmed.
- The TPM system has been in the program mode for longer than 2 minutes and no sensors have been learned.
2. If the program mode is cancelled with less than four codes stored, the receiver will only accept the codes programmed up to that point.

·
Registered
347 Posts
That's funny, on my C6 i just drove it around the neighborhood for 5 mins, came home and they read 30psi across the board just like what my air gauge said.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx for the help Torch! I'll try it and post back the results.

Klrbee:cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts