Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear end is leaking on my 81 and I cannot find a replacement seal in town. Anyone know where I could look to get my hands on one? Also my power steering is leaking all out from a valve on one of the steering pieces near the ball joint assembly. I do not know what the part is called and I really need to get a replacement. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Its probally your control valve that is leaking power steering fluid. I got mine from Auto Zone, but NAPA also carries them.
I don't know about your rear end gasket, maybe you could try a local dealer?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the control valve pretty long? I saw a picture of it and it looks to be just the valve piece and not the bar that connect through the steering linkage. Does the bar have a small hole on it towards the bottom?

·
Registered
746 Posts
I have rebuilt a couple of rearends lately and the dealer can no longer get a rearend gasket. Both times I just used a good quality silicon type gasket maker and used that without a problem.
As for the control valve just replace it but be very very careful about greasing them. They are extremely sensitive to too much grease. One little shot and no more.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I just ordered the rear end gasket from ecklers but does anyone have any pictures of the full control valve?? How long is it?

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
no gasket? that's bull crap.... I can get those gaskets by the dozens here and I live in the one of most unimportant countries on the face of the planet :D

Look for another dealer :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts