Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TOO DARK: As you can see in this original photos, the pics are too dark. There are secrets in the darkness! I boosted contrast and brightness levels to what looked good.

COLOR: The colors were very washed out. I boosted the color level, and now you can see all the blue infrastructure in the car. Looks like this car is just completely the skin, and the exhaust tips are just a mock up.

SIZE: Size does matter! I increased them about 50%. The pictures get grainy when you enlarge an image, but it also helps see new details when added to the above changes.

What do you NOW in the pics, that wasn't really noticable before? I see some stuff....

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Why dont you get into the choping business again Patty? Very nice work with the pictures. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
good job Patrick.i think the car look's pretty good,i just noticed how high the roof is,that thing definatly need's a chop-top...:thumbsup: one other thing,are those sticker's on the front of the platform in english?i can't read them.:(

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
good job Patrick.i think the car look's pretty good,i just noticed how high the roof is,that thing definatly need's a chop-top...:thumbsup: one other thing,are those sticker's on the front of the platform in english?i can't read them.:(
Well i can read 1 thing.

GMX 245

Thats Gms code name for the C6, I believe we knew that before this pics were shown. The other just looks fuzzy to me.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
i like the early C4 taillight's,but i can't stand the fixed light's,to bad there's not an option for fixed or pop-up light's,weight,big deal,add some more power.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Popup lights add weight not to mention aerodynamic drag. Does anybody know the coefficient drag of a C5 with the headlights up. Down is .29. Why would one of the most aerodynamic production cars ever made have popup lights? Yeah they look cool down but what about the "air break" factor when popped up? Maybe it's a safety feature so people will drive slower at night. :laughing: Also, I wonder how much lower than .29 the coefficient of the C6 will be. By the way, a Ferrari Enzo's coefficient drag is .36!

kjmccurdy

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Well Patrick, I did notice that the fuel filler door is square (saw hints of that before). I wonder why the rear side marker lights were changed, they are now arrow shaped, better aerodynamics?

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
kjmccurdy said:
Popup lights add weight not to mention aerodynamic drag. Does anybody know the coefficient drag of a C5 with the headlights up. Down is .29. Why would one of the most aerodynamic production cars ever made have popup lights? Yeah they look cool down but what about the "air break" factor when popped up? Maybe it's a safety feature so people will drive slower at night. :laughing: Also, I wonder how much lower than .29 the coefficient of the C6 will be. By the way, a Ferrari Enzo's coefficient drag is .36!
kjmccurdy
Aloha,
how many people do you know that push there car to the limit at night with the light's up.at 60 mph the drag is probably almost not even measurable.weight,like i said,if it had enough power that wouldn't matter.the majority of the people who buy the car,aren't thinking,gee,that's to much drag,there thinking,that look's bad ass.what's so hard about an option for either,they make convertable's,they can do the light option's too.
on a black car with a black-out kit,it might look o.k.but still..

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Down is .29. Why would one of the most aerodynamic production cars ever made
make sure to mention its Sports cars not just cars in general....

·
Super Moderator
10,164 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
Aloha,
how many people do you know that push there car to the limit at night with the light's up.at 60 mph the drag is probably almost not even measurable.
I can remember taking many trips across the desert here in So Cal in my '79 (same HL tech as C5). Our deserts are frequently windy. I vividly remember coming back from Mammoth Mountain, facing a head wind I thought nothing about. At dusk, at about 80 MPH, I pulled the light switch. I immediately heard a very loud clunk (much louder than usual) and I could feel the impact at the accelerator. I know this isn't very scientific, but I know what I felt. My C4 never behaved as described on similar trips in that vette.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Originally posted by Longtimer . I know this isn't very scientific, but I know what I felt.
:laughing: Hey Longtimer,
to me,the seat of the pant's meter is a good measuring tool,my prefered method actually.:thumbsup:
i'm suprised the c3 headlight even open with the air over it at 80mph.my 77 had fixed light's,i never liked those because they sat way back inside the cavity,just never looked right on the c3.those one's from aftermarket for c4/c5 are terrible-in my opinion.at least the c6 is smooth with the fender line.

freedom of choice though...have to love america..;)

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Its all about the flip lights..

·
Super Moderator
10,164 Posts
I will always love 'em, but pop ups are moot now. New Era.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts