Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in lowering my C5 1" all the way around and have seen numerous kits for around $45. Are these legitimate packages?

·
Read Only
575 Posts
If your looking to lower your C5 only one inch all the way around then NO, it will not cost $45.
It's FREE!
No parts at all are required to do it! Check out the sticky about step by step walk through to lower your car! It's very easy to do, and required nothing but a few hours of your time!
I SLAMMED my car as far down as it would go, without having coil-overs, and it was FREE!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
1" all the way around can be done on stock bolts, if I remember correctly... But some of them slam-masters will chime in and tell you how to do it!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks all!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just finished, will let the suspension settle and take a pic when the car actually lowers. I'm at 29" rear to fender lip, 27" in front, will see what it takes me down to. Actually I guess I dropped more like 2" all around upon further reading.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I plan on driving it around a bit, then taking it to a Chevy dealer for the column lock bypass and an alignment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
After the car does settle find a dead flat spot to park it on and check the rake of the car.

Measured at the outside of the shipping holes on the frame it should be 5mm higher in the rear than the front.
Stock is 158mm front 163mm rear.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
car sure isn't settling much.

*does anyone know what stock thread length should be on the front bolts? just in case I decide to return to stock settings. i managed to write down rear (6 threads showing)*

·
Registered
185 Posts
6 threads sure sounds like alot....I just crawled under my car and I have 2 threads showing....but I cut the bushings......did you????

Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts