Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, well i am im actually going to paint my polo c4 to a yellow with the black grand sport stripe. I am taking everything apart; window mirrors, inside carpert..etc. i took all the lights in the rear, has anyone taken thier bumper off, if so how many screws are they. I see so many.

Thanks,
Ozzie

·
Registered
674 Posts
hello everyone, well i am im actually going to paint my polo c4 to a yellow with the black grand sport stripe. I am taking everything apart; window mirrors, inside carpert..etc. i took all the lights in the rear, has anyone taken thier bumper off, if so how many screws are they. I see so many.

Thanks,
Ozzie
I have taken it off- its not that bad of a job, pull the tail lights, the license plate, and you will get access to the strips that hold the bumper up top. then there are the strips that hold the bumper on the sides which you will need to remove part of the inner wheel well to help get at.

sorry not very specific but it has been a couple of years since I have done this- if you have the manual it shows it very well. But even without the manual its fairly easy to figure out.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Do you have skinny arms? There's a bunch of screws that you have to pull, that you can't even see. Braille technique, you know! On my '84 I had a heck of a time with a screw to the left of the gas filler opening. Finally stuck a little mirror in there, and discovered I was trying to unscrew a pop rivet that held the body pieces together until the glue dried at the factory!

:laughing:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have skinny arms? There's a bunch of screws that you have to pull, that you can't even see. Braille technique, you know! On my '84 I had a heck of a time with a screw to the left of the gas filler opening. Finally stuck a little mirror in there, and discovered I was trying to unscrew a pop rivet that held the body pieces together until the glue dried at the factory!

:laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: Yeah i have pretty skinny arms, but my arms still got scraped pretty bad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts