Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the car our for a drive the other day and noticed a really bad vibration towards the rear end of the car. I wil be driving along in any gear doing really any speed and if i tap the gas quickly i feel a horrible vibration and chugging feeling. At first i thought it may be my clutch but i have replaced that before. I ruled that out because if i launch hard and go throught the gears it does not slip one bit. Tires breaking loose and all. Has anyone else experienced this before?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I recently got my car back from the shop, and now it has a very loud vibration. It sounds like a heat shield or something. It gets louder as I go through the revs. It also comes from the back, but strangely enough, from the front too, sometimes. It didn't have it when I took it there and he didn't do anything to it that would have caused it. I have no idea, but haven't had time to check it. Hopefully, I will get under it this weekend.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That does sound like a shield of some sort. Mine is definatly mechanical. Very big vibration under quick acceleration.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I took the car our for a drive the other day and noticed a really bad vibration towards the rear end of the car. I wil be driving along in any gear doing really any speed and if i tap the gas quickly i feel a horrible vibration and chugging feeling. At first i thought it may be my clutch but i have replaced that before. I ruled that out because if i launch hard and go throught the gears it does not slip one bit. Tires breaking loose and all. Has anyone else experienced this before?
Is it (vibration) worse when making a turn under acceleration?

-Possibly a differental issue.

What is meant by 'chugging feeling'? Is the car lugging under load?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts