Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the early to late model rear end swap a while back, but now Im trying to figure out the E-brake cable. I swapped the entire rear with all the 96 parts including the E-brake cable. My problem is that with the 85 handle the cable is to long and with the 96 handle the cable is to short.:huh:

If I use the 85 handle and the 96 cable it is only 1 1/2" to long so do I just add a new stop to the cable? Perhaps someone has already crossed this hurdle and knows what works?

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
You could add a stop maybe first recheck your routing of the cable maybe you can make up some room on the too short one

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
You could add a stop maybe first recheck your routing of the cable maybe you can make up some room on the too short one
I agree! I would check the routing, but adding a stop doesnt sound like such a bad idea! Also dont confine yourself to the factory connections... Go to the hardware store and get a couple cable clamps (very inexpensive and extremely simple to use) and play around with pulling some slack out of different cables and just clamp them together! :D

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok in the end I wound up using a new cable clamp to make up the diff.

Just for the info, the E-brake handle is in two diff locations on early and late model cars. Early model cars are at least three inches rear of the late model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts