Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my rear hatch tinted today by a reputable shop and all was looking well, I got home and noticed my rear hatch had foot long scratch in it, its a surface scratch but you can feel it with your finger nail. I called the shop and they want to try buffing it out? I really dont know what to do here, they are liable but id hate to make them replace the rear glass entirely (what chevy dealer recomended) has anyone hear of this happening? any have experience with fixing it?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I'm not a professional or anything, and I don't know if this is even possible...but why don't they just use that small chip filler/crack filler and fill in the surface scratch with that. Then have them buff that down to the surface. I don't know if that would work, but it's better than nothing at this point. I'd see if they would be willing to try that.

Hope it works!

James

1N189

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not a professional or anything, and I don't know if this is even possible...but why don't they just use that small chip filler/crack filler and fill in the surface scratch with that. Then have them buff that down to the surface. I don't know if that would work, but it's better than nothing at this point. I'd see if they would be willing to try that.

Hope it works!

James

1N189
Hey james, thats what i sugested because they fix windsheild chips. I searched google and found this im going back tomarrow after school to let them try some stuff.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hey james, thats what i sugested because they fix windsheild chips. I searched google and found this im going back tomarrow after school to let them try some stuff.
Ya that's what I had in mind too! I had a small rock chip in the lower part of my windshield and went to Wal-Mart and got a little kit and fixed it myself, but with a scratch as long as you've said...I'd make them do it too!

Good luck bro! Let me know how it turns out!

James

1N189

1 - 4 of 4 Posts