Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed lately that my rear hatch won't open. I think the reason why is because the peg on the hatch glass that lines up with the hole on the deck lid that locks the hatch into place is not centered? (Does that make sense?)

I've lubed both hatch locks with WD 40 and when I pull on the hatch cable, I can see them move in order to release the hatch. So, the cable nor the latch that holds the peg/glass hatch into place is working fine.

What is the problem? Does this have anything to do with my hatch pistons pooping out on me causing the glass to be off center?

How do I fix this?

PS: How'd you like to see this in your rear view mirror? :partyon:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, that's my picture alright! I took that while I was doing my three laps on the Kentucky Speedway. Driving on the speedway was part of the itinerary for the Michigan caravan for the Corvette 50th.

Trying to steer with hundreds of Vettes behind you and taking a picture in your rear view mirror is not an easy stunt by no stretch of the imagination!

If you want to download it to the gallery, be my guest....and HEY OUT THERE!!! How about some help with my hatch problem:huh:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's what I saw in front of me. I was on the high bank lane the whole time...

.....it's a beautiful thing, isn't it?:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Great pic. :)

Sounds like the hatch pistons are going bad. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts