Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the factory height for the rear of a 1980 C3? I replaced the rear leaf spring and now the car seems lower in the rear by at least 2". Rear Wheels seem to tucked in at the top indicating a chamber adjustment. Will the height be restored after adjusting the chamber?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
You change the height of the rear by tightning the long bolts that go through the end of the spring

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
You change the height of the rear by tightning the long bolts that go through the end of the spring
:agree:
Set rear height to where the axles are level. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I was under the car today and found the camber setting way off. It helped some but it still sits low. I will look at the spring bolts now. :partyon:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Can you post some pics of the new spring install? You didn't provide much information about what was changed, etc. It's important to get the suspension correct or you can find yourself in a coffin, and people making guesses on a forum is not the best way to sort out your suspension.

:cheers:

Rick B.

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
Your alignment needs to be set after your ride height is adjusted. If you set your camber and raise the car 2" you'll end up with positive camber.

LS1Vette makes a good point about making sure everything is correct. A few pics and more detail of which parts you used will help to determine if there is another issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts