Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted a homemade rear mount turbo on our L98? Or is it even posible? That would be cool if it is posible because my friends dad owns a junk yard and I could get nice prices. And if anyones done it may I have some pics or a how to. Thanks

Frank

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
If its a rear mounted turbo would it even have to be limited to the L98? Im pretty sure I've seen someone around here with them

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well true I guess it can be done to all C4's but it would be a bit different.... anyone?

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
I'm guessing the tune,upgrading the fuel system etc would be the hard part.The rest is just piping and mounting fabrication.Anything is possible,are you talking about trying to apply the STS turbo's from a c5 or c6?

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Nice link Steve,i like that idea,well i don't like how the thread turned out,but thats typical, i just would'nt park the car on the street over night in Kalihi...
I guess one could fab a cover and make it hard to steal...I like this idea...a skid plate would be a must for me as my next c4 will be slammed to the ground like my other cars...looking forward to the final kit results.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Nice link Steve,i like that idea,well i don't like how the thread turned out,but thats typical, i just would'nt park the car on the street over night in Kalihi...
I guess one could fab a cover and make it hard to steal...I like this idea...a skid plate would be a must for me as my next c4 will be slammed to the ground like my other cars...looking forward to the final kit results.
You could always get a car cover and a BIG DOGGIE. Its a shame that forum post went the way it did. I know there was one on a L98 somewhere, whether it was a magazine or what. But I saw a tv show where they did the whole C5 install in a half an hour! Seriously, It is a nice set up and well thought out. Of course, if you could find and afford a Callaway Twin Turbo....
I like the fact that it leaves allot of room up front as there isn't much to begin with.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
I got the big doggie already he he..big shepherd...i'll be moving to Kaimuki or around there in June.An LT1 is'nt out of the question either,just depends whats out there at the dealers,i will trade my 07 focus that does'nt even have plates yet,and put down 5 grand to boot,i'm just trying to get a nice car,89 or up,and have zero car payments.I'm leaving the hospital after 14 years,getting a company truck to beat on,new job,more money,so i can actually afford some downtime for mods..If i get an LT1 car,i'll be buggin you some lol...
Love callaway's and how about an STS on a ZR-1...he he

·
Registered
428 Posts
I got the big doggie already he he..big shepherd...i'll be moving to Kaimuki or around there in June.An LT1 is'nt out of the question either,just depends whats out there at the dealers,i will trade my 07 focus that does'nt even have plates yet,and put down 5 grand to boot,i'm just trying to get a nice car,89 or up,and have zero car payments.I'm leaving the hospital after 14 years,getting a company truck to beat on,new job,more money,so i can actually afford some downtime for mods..If i get an LT1 car,i'll be buggin you some lol...
Love callaway's and how about an STS on a ZR-1...he he
An STS ZR1, Holy cow. I saw one of Callaways , or maybe their only ZR1 TT, and it was 750 rwhp in the early 90's.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I could use that on my stroker:partyon:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts