Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,330 Posts
Welcome to DC. What kind of spoiler? Got any pics?

Reactions: HN376RAR

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Six and used the four that held the third brake light. I went with plastic didn’t think the wife would go for the extra five bills for carbon fiber. Bought unpainted to save the fifty dollars for black. Have a compressor and an old binks gun painted myself. Not perfect but as good as factory. 3M double sided automotive tape is really impressive will hold more than you think. Have used on quite a few projects without any issues.

·
Registered
107 Posts
double sided tape is surprisingly good. The side strakes , on the C5's that have them, are all stuck on with tape from the factory, as are most body emblems today. I guess it is just another fastener today, only using a chemical bond instead of the old days where every bond was mechanical or welded .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello DC Members,
I‘m considering adding a carbon fiber spoiler on my ‘02Z06. I’ve owned this Vette for 11 years and it’s always a joy taking her out.
Mostly stock except for a couple of bolt ons….Blackwing cold air intake and Hurst short throw shifter.
Looking forward to any recommendations.
View attachment 105318
Why I've never understood putting a spoiler on a car if it's not for needed down force. I assume you aren't racing it. It reminds me of all these damn little 4 cylinders that couldn't put run their shadow but have a loud ass exhaust and a spoiler. Even the new vettes look better without the spoilers

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
First my son in law had a little 4cyl Miata that would give a base corvette a run for it’s money. I use to out run mustang GT’S with it while he was deployed in Afghanistan. Second you need a spoiler if you run 100+. Third for the look.

·
Registered
107 Posts
running over 100 mph is not my forte', but thought I might mention the somewhat obscure factory solution aero device provided for speeds where aero dynamics come into play, the side strakes. I mention them because that is the reason for the device applied along the sides to my C5, and it took me some considerable looking to discover they had an actual reason beyond screwing up the looks.

Anyway, that is what GM provided as the first, and only factory tested solution. GM never seemed real enthused about rear wing spoilers, except for cosmetic effects on slow Econo cars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts