Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am starting on a c-4 suspension swap on my 72 and found out I am missing a few parts. I don't have any of the brackets that hold the rear spring to to pumpkin. Does anybody have pics or something of what all I need? Also I need to get the straps and bolts for the half shaft yokes on the pumpkin. This is for a dana 44 rear end. Where is a good place to pick up these parts?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I may have some parts in a box. I'll look tonight. If I've got them they are yours.

·
Registered
547 Posts
In the pic, we have 2 shims on top and 1 below. How do you know which goes where? Does it make a difference?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
In the pic, we have 2 shims on top and 1 below. How do you know which goes where? Does it make a difference?
There is generally a thick and a thin shim either side of spring as well as a cardboard packer
If you reposition the spacers you can raise / lower the rear slightly because you have changed the spring location in relation to the frame

·
Registered
547 Posts
There is generally a thick and a thin shim either side of spring as well as a cardboard packer
If you reposition the spacers you can raise / lower the rear slightly because you have changed the spring location in relation to the frame
So how do you know how much to do?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
checked my stash. just have two screws and a cap for the u joint and one side of the spring bolts-- no shims. Sorry.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have some free shims (4 anybody who wants them)

(72vette454)

(blkvette94) Your the man:cheers::cheers::cheers:

You 2 (vetteoz) ----damn you posted those pics fast
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

i have 3 or 4 extra (came off my 87)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After looking at that pic of the spring I went back through my bucket of parts but didnt find anything. I think I will order a new set of straps and bolts for the yokes. I would like to get those shims from you 2vetteshawty. I am thinking I might be able to make a different bracket for the spring so I can change the spring rate like the VBP setup for c-3's. I am going to narrow the batwing and narrow and redrill the spring and see how it all works. I am a ways away from that as I am still waiting on my wheels to show up. I need them before I can do anything with the frame and suspension.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just looked at that picture, thanks!!

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ouch, how did that happen?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ouch, how did that happen?
I was launching the car at the drag strip and I heard a loud metallic sounding pop. I discovered the broken batwing when I got home. I can't tell you what caused it, but I put A D44 in it soon after and I've never had another problem. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I am going to assume it was a D-36 then? Is the batwing heavier on a 44?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts