Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on replacng my rear view mirror. tired of the drooping when I hit bumps. How do I know if I have the auto dim feature???

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
There's a button on the rear view mirror that turns that function on and off. Do you have that button?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks J-man. I couldnt find anything about it in my owners manual,must be a 98+ option.

·
Registered
976 Posts
i actuly had the same problem with my mirror....i used an old trick from repairingmy old trans former joints....take super glue and drop a few drips in the joints of the mirror....wiggle the joints around untill the glue hardens...do this about 3 times in each joint...and the mirror will stiffen up...basicly you are taking up the tolorances in the joints compensating for the wear

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i actuly had the same problem with my mirror....i used an old trick from repairingmy old trans former joints....take super glue and drop a few drips in the joints of the mirror....wiggle the joints around untill the glue hardens...do this about 3 times in each joint...and the mirror will stiffen up...basicly you are taking up the tolorances in the joints compensating for the wear

I looked at the mirror, previous owner already did that. Corvette Recycling has one for $40 + shipping, so ordering it from there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts