Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner and an old fan of the mid-years. I got a great car, but the tunes suck. I'm aware of the wunderbar setup, but am looking for something better to fit into the stock dash of my '66. That dash speaker and station drift on the delco is driving me nuts. Any advice from your experience is appreciated. Obviously, I don't want to cut up the dash; i want something that will fit. CD not cassette. What are the options?

Thank you and happy motoring!
kegman

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Damn!!! If I had a '66 big block the exhaust would be music to my ears....
If I needed more I'd be looking at small loud boom boxes
Nice ride!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Raid. That's very close to what I'm looking for. If I could only ditch the cassette tape feature. Does anybody still have any Foghat 8-tracks? TOO cool for me.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Kegman_C2 said:
Thank you Raid. That's very close to what I'm looking for. If I could only ditch the cassette tape feature. Does anybody still have any Foghat 8-tracks? TOO cool for me.
I love Foghat!!! I had them on album.... then cassette... now CD! No 8-track.

Of course, my parents do have Barry Manilow and Neil Diamond 8-tracks.... would that interest you?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, I like Foghat too. Who else would remember them but a fan. No Barry Manilow PLEASE. Stick with Led Zep and Zen Guerilla.

Thanks to JCswm too for the kind remarks about the BB sound. That is sweet.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Kegman_C2 said:
Actually, I like Foghat too. Who else would remember them but a fan. No Barry Manilow PLEASE. Stick with Led Zep and Zen Guerilla.

Thanks to JCswm too for the kind remarks about the BB sound. That is sweet.
You and I are from the same hood (almost). You'll have to let me check out that bad-boy car at a digitalcorvettes event.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I looked around for the Cd option but havn't been able to find one. I'll keep looking though.

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
I have the 8-track of Foghat. Along with BTO, Areosmith, Led, Rush and many (like 200)more. My kids have NO IDEA what 8-track is.

:partyon: :partyon: :partyon: :partyon: :partyon: :partyon: :partyon: :partyon:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Patrick, I see you are from the Great State of Illinois too. Let me know when you're going to a digitalcorvettes.com event and we can check out the others ride. I'm living in the shadow of the Sears Tower. See you at the next event -if it's warm outside. ha ha.
Keg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts